19

Hyunjin PoV

"The sunset looks beautiful," said Jeongin, who was sitting next to me. The two of us sat on the roof of the house we lived in. We were able to climb up from a window and Jeongin said that would be a fun idea.

I quietly replied, "Yeah." But not as beautiful as you.

I looked at Jeongin. His side profile was so beautiful. Like he has the perfect face. Time passed and I couldn't take my eyes off him. His eyes light up as he watches the sunset. He turned his gaze to me and smiled slightly. "Have you been looking at me the whole time?" he asked, laughing sheepishly. "I just couldn't take my eyes off you," I said softly, almost whispering.

"You're supposed to be watching the sunset, not me," he said, smiling again. I slowly looked away from him and up at the sky. It looked really nice. "I think that in this area we could also see the stars well," said the latter. Our shoulders touched lightly. "We can look at the stars like we used to when we were kids," I said, scooting a little closer to the younger.

"Yes we could..." he said and in the next moment his head was resting on my shoulder. It felt like my heart had skipped a beat. His touch at that moment was so different from when we were children or teenagers. After he graduated I started to feel more atached to him and i knew he was more than just my best friend to me. But I didn't want to admit it. I didn't want to admit it at that moment on the roof either.

"I feel so comfortable around you Hyunjin," he said in a low voice. From the corner of my eye I could see him moving his hand to mine and then slowly interlacing my fingers with his. I was slightly surprised and confused by this action but I just let it happen.

I could feel every breath he took. We watched the sun go down and the stars come out. Neither of us had to say anything. We enjoyed this moment even without talking. Just being around him makes me happy. I felt Jeongin's head get heavier on my shoulder and his breathing slowed. I glanced at him and he had his eyes closed. He slept. He looked quite cute and all I wanted to do was ruffle his hair or pinch his cheeks. 

His soft snoring made me smile. I was happy. More than happy. We fled our terrible world and found a new home. Everything was perfect. We can start our new life at eight and just enjoy it. We would be safe. Nothing would happen to us here.

I didn't miss much from our world, the only thing I will miss are my parents. Jeongin must miss his siblings very much too. He certainly didn't know what happened to them either. I just hope that doesn't make him too sad. Maybe it will be hard sometimes but if all eight of us will always stick together then we will master it.

Noticing my eyelids getting heavier and having a hard time staying awake, I gently shook jeongin awake. He blinked a few times and then opened his eyes. We were suddenly so close and I couldn't help but stare at his lips. They looked so soft so beautiful and so...so kissable. "We should go to sleep. I'm sure the others are already asleep," said the younger and I nodded.

Feb 4th 2023

I will start writing longer chapters. I will try lmao. ~Yumi