12

~Jeongin PoV~

"We could sleep here," Chan said, putting down his bag. We've been walking around in the woods for a long time. It was quite exhausting. The paths went up and down of course we didn't go on any main path. 

Now we were in a meadow next to a small pond. It was a remote campsite that hasn't been used for a long time. There was a fireplace and you could see where the tents used to be. But to our regret there were no more tents. So we had to sleep on the floor. "We won't find a better place," Seungmin said, putting down his bag as well.

The sun was slowly setting and the sky was turning pink and purple. Slowly I noticed that it was getting colder so I rubbed my arms to keep myself warm. "Are you cold?" Hyunjin asked who was standing next to me. I nodded slightly and the next moment he said: "Do any of you guys know how to make fire?" "I do," Felix said, opening his bag. "And I saw camping gear in your brother's room. Thought it would be smart to bring some stuff," he pulled a flint from his pocket, "Your brother loved camping, right Chan?" Chan nodded and said, "I should have thought of that, too."

Felix went to the fireplace and started rubbing the flint. Small sparks began to light up and after a short time flames began to glow. He blew briefly and the flame grew larger. "Done!" he said and cheered slightly. 

Two felled logs lay on the ground around the fireplace so we sat down there. We started talking. As we talked it seemed like we were just a group of friends going on a trip. But it was not like that. We all knew that it wasn't like that, even if we acted like everything was normal at that moment.

Chan, started telling us about his former hobby. He told how much fun he had making music. He said that he liked to write lyrics and also recorded some. But he never got around to releasing anything because he just didn't think it was good. 

"I actually wrote lyrics too," said Jisung, who sat between Minho's legs. "Yeah, I did too. I've always looked for people to release music with me but I never found anyone," said Changbin, who sat very close to Felix. 

Hyunjin moved next to me briefly and then said, "I've been taking dance classes for a long time." "Yeah, Same," Felix and Minho said simultaneously, causing them to laugh briefly. "I've put a lot of time into singing," Seungmin said, then looked at me. "What hobbies did you have?" the latter asked me. I hesitated. 

I took singing lessons and I really enjoyed it, but a lot of people told me that my voice wasn't good enough and that I was just wasting my time. My family always said my voice was beautiful, but I just had the feeling that it wasn't... 

I hesitated before I answered: "Well I..." I didn't know if I should say it. "He sang too," Hyunjin said, looking at me. I couldn't have denied it because Hyunjin knew it.

"If I had a guitar right now I could play a song and we could all sing something together," Han said.

It was quiet for a moment when suddenly a clear, soft voice began to sing a familiar song. I looked at Seungmin. He was the one singing. It sounded beautiful. I could hardly describe it. "Oh i know that song," the tallest of us said and began to sing along. I had almost forgotten that he also liked to sing. And his voice was also very beautiful. 

I knew the song too, but I didn't know if I should sing along. What if they didn't like my voice. "Just sing, don't be shy, you can also close your eyes like you always did when you sang to me," Hyunjin whispered to me, stopping to sing for a moment.

I hesitantly closed my eyes and began to sing along quietly. I noticed how suddenly more and more people sang along and I think everyone sang along. Why were all of them so good at singing? The song was slowly coming to an end and I was singing a little louder than before. I started to get lost in singing and didn't realize how everyone else stopped singing and I was the only person still singing. I probably sang the last four lines by myself and just didn't realize it until I opened my eyes and suddenly everyone was clapping. "Wow Jeongin your voice is incedible beautiful," Chan said and everyone else nodded. 

"T-Thanks," I said, stuttering. 

"Maybe we would all have formed a band together in another life," Jisung said, grinning widely. "You're the only one who thinks so," Minho said teasingly. "But maybe! How do you know if it's not like that in another world?!" said the other, pouting slightly.

"Maybe," Chan said, smiling.

The idea of ​​it wasn't that bad. It was a nice thought. Maybe in another life or world...

Jan 22nd 2023