10

~Hyunjin PoV~

"I don't know either! I don't know why the alarm won't stop! I tried everything. Pressed every button I even tried to read the manual but I just don't know what's going on here!" Chan said a little louder to Seungmin who he was just arguing with. 

"Jeongin was in an incredebel panic and I don't think Jisung is doing very well either. Maybe you should try more!" 

"Seungmin I tried everything!"

"Will you two stop argruing? That's not going to get us anywhere," Changbin said after just listening to the discussion for a while, as I did. The youngest in the room went to the huge long table with buttons to check the system. "How about we turn it off. There's a button for that, haven't you tried that?"

"No that-"

Seungmin pressed the button.

It was quiet. No more annoying shrill beeping sounds and in between a voice which repeated that the system had an error. The red lights also stopped. But it was too quiet.

"See? I turned off the alarm." Seungmin said with a proud look on his face.

"No no no... You turned off the whole system. That means AI can't protect us anymore. Anyone can come in here now. We're not safe here anymore." 

"Oh- well... I guess I fucked it up," he said, going upstairs without looking at us.

"Can't you turn it back on?" I asked before he could even answer me, my knees hit the ground. It was like I had no control over my legs. A loud beeping in my ears made me cover them. But it didn't stop. My forehead started to burn like someone was putting a hot iron on it. I pressed my eyelids together so tightly that I could see small white dots. These dots turned into an image. Into a picture of that door. Again that door.

A vision?

I stood in the field. The wind blew through my hair and I took a few steps towards the door. I could see more and more what was hidden behind the open door the closer I got. I was beginning to recognize people. There were six people and they seemed to be waiting. I walked so close until I could finally see them. 

Chan smiled broadly at me while Jisung waved energetically. They were all waiting for me so I walked through the door. Somehow it felt different... It felt like something was missing. Like someone's missing... Jeongin. He was missing. He wasn't with the others. I looked around nervously. Maybe he was here somewhere after all. But when I turned around I saw him standing in front of the door on the other side. I wanted him to come here. But he just looked at me with a smile and waved at me. I heard footsteps. The others wanted to leave.

"Why are you leaving?! Don't you want to wait for him?!" 

They didn't answer me. They just kept going. "Innie... Innie come here." But he didn't move, he just said, "Goodbye," with a smile on his face.

Suddenly, as if I had been electrocuted, I opened my eyes and looked around. I hated these visions. They drained me of so much strength. I was lying in bed, and when I looked to the left, I saw Jeongin lying next to me, sleeping.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my forehead. "I thought you had a fever but you're not warm, are you okay?" said Chan standing at my side of the bed with a concerned look. I sighed. "Chan... I- I don't know how to explain this," I said, sitting up.

He kept looking at me like he was waiting for me to tell him what was going on. And as if by reflex I started to tell him everything about my weird visions. He told me not to worry too much but that was easier said than done...

I looked at the sleeping Jeongin next to me and the images from my vision popped into my mind's eye. I sighed again and Chan patted my shoulder for encouragement.

The door of the room flew open and a scared looking Jisung stood there. 

"Guys I think they found us."

Jan 16th 2023