Chapter 6

*Chapter 6*

Charlie's POV

To be honest, I never really thought I would be in this position. I always kind of imagined that if I was hanging out a window, it would be for some heroic reason. Maybe I jumped out to save my dad or something, but this was just embarrassing. I mean, falling out a window while chasing your arch enemy which happens to be a pigeon just doesn't sound as good.

I refused to look down as I hung from one of the higher floors of Stark tower.

What had happened was I was chasing the pigeon and it landed on the ledge of the window. I charged at it but because I was wearing slippers, i skidded across the floor and flipped out the window. My parents were going to be home any second and if they saw me hanging out a window, well I'd be dead. Ironic right?

"JARVIS GET STEVE! TELL HIM THIS TIME IT IS ACTUALLY URGENT" I screamed and tried to pull myself up. However, I had a lack of upper body strength. I really should start going to the gym.

I could hear footsteps in my room, heavy enough to be Steve. "Charlie, I'm not getting you another pizza- wait, where are you?" I herd his voice, but I couldn't really seem him.

"IM KIND OF HANGING OUT THE WINDOW! LITTLE HELP?" I called out. I heard him rush over and grab my tired hand. He pulled me up with ease and straight into a fatherly hug. I hugged him back a little awkwardly because I knew he was about to ask how I got out there.

He pulled away from me with his hands still on my shoulders. "Charlie, tell me honestly how you got out there" He raised an eyebrow at me. I was about to come up with some clever lie, but I think my expression gave away what I was really trying to do.

"Charlotte Diana Maria Stark, tell me the truth" Ugh, when ever I got full named I knew it meant serious shit. I guess it wouldn't be the first time that I'd done something crazy. I was always okay though, I mean my best friend was Spider-Man, I lived with the Avengers and my dad was Iron man. What did I have to fear?

"I was chasing the evil pigeon and fell" I decided to not give him the details because it just showed how clumsy I really was. He didn't need to know, for example, that I fell down the stairs at least once a day. My coordination was pretty poor.

He shook his head at me and sighed. "Please for the next few days just try stay out of trouble?" He suggested. I raised my eyebrow at him. What was happening over the next few days? I could tell he could sense that I was curious and surely he would know by now that there was no use in lying to me, I always found out the truth.

"Thor just arrived with Loki. He believes Loki is up to something so wants to talk to us about it and see if we can get anything out of him. Anyway, your dad will be home in a few hours so make sure you don't do anything stupid in that time" He warned before walking out. My eye roll was needed. Please, nothing I did was stupid. Just carefully planned out so it was fun and adventurous.

I quickly pulled out my laptop and hacked into Jarvis' system so I had the CCTV camera footage on my screen. I wanted to meet Loki. It sounded crazy but I was interested to talk to him and see what he was really like. I pulled up the footage of the room that I assumed he'd be in. Of course. They had put him in the Hulk containment room. Lucky for me, there was a viewing room where I would be able to talk to Loki.

I snuck out my room and went to the lift, going to the underground floor. Steve, Thor and Bruce were on the 5th floor when I checked and no one else was back yet, so I had time. The doors opened and I went straight for the door on the right, walking into the little booth.

Loki was pacing in the cell, his black hair slicked back, his outfit making him look like a hippy grandma. I flicked on the sound connection switch and his face immediately turned towards me. Bit creepy.

"Who are you, young mortal?" He asked. Did he seriously not know who I am. I don't mean to boast but pretty much the whole world knows who I am. Peasant.

"Charlie, well my full name is Charlotte but people call me Charlie. Charlie Stark. I happen to be the daughter of Iron man" I informed him. He looked at me fairly surprised for a second before his expression turned into a grin.

He chuckled a bit before replying. "Ah so you're the trouble maker I have heard so much about. I wasn't aware you were Starks daughter. I thought Thor had finally just made a friend. A male one at that" He scoffed and continued to pace. Should I find that offensive? I debated it for a second but decided to just shrug it off.

"Well surprise surprise, I'm the 17 year old daughter of Tony Stark, I live with the Avengers and I have a vagina. Deal with it" I sassed. This only made him do his creepy chuckle more and walk closer to the screen so he could make eye contact with me.

"I can tell you are a troublemaker Miss Stark. I like that. In fact, you gave me an idea that you will regret" He smirked patronisingly.

"Wow dude. Take your head out from up your arse. May I just point out that right now you are locked in a cage." I pointed out. His expression didn't change and he just watched me intently which made me feel very awkward.

I messed with my hair and clicked my flickers before speaking again as clearly he had no intention of speaking. "Well, you're boring. So in a bit Loki" I gave him the piece sign and started to walk out of the room.

"Yes Charlotte, I will see you in a bit. In fact, I will see you very soon"