Chapter 18

*Chapter 18*

Charlie's POV

"Fuck sake" I put my head in my hands in frustration. Kelly Daniels was impossible to find. No credit cards, no passport, no I.d. I would have assumed she had died only there wasn't any death record either. She was a ghost.

My eyes burned after having been stuck on the screen for so long. It was morning now and I'd been up all night looking for some sign of my real mother and ignoring the messages from my fake one.

"Have you slept at all?" I heard a voice come from behind me. For fucks sake.

"What is it with you people and breaking into my house?" I growled as I span around in my seat. Stood in my door way was Peter who leaned against the frame with an unimpressed look on his face.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I didn't break in, I came in through the window" he pointed to my open window by the kitchen. Uh smart ass.

"So how are you doing?" He asked, looking at my sympathetically. I didn't want his sympathy or his pity. I was fine. Fine.

I turned back to my computer and carried in searching, not bothering to look back at him. "What's it to you?" I snapped, keeping my eyes plastered on the screen. I heard steps behind me and before I knew it, my screen was off. I was about to turn around and give him a piece of my mind but he spoke before I could.

"Because I'm your best friend Charlie. I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry I've been ditching you but I have to help the Avengers. I'm doing it for you. Loki is still after you remember?" He reminded me. I felt a bit bad for ignoring him now, after all, he had no idea about my mum, not like the rest of them.

I sighed and turned to him. "I'm sorry" I apologised to him, feeling a bit guilty.

"You've got nothing to be sorry for. How about I come back later and we can have one of our classic Charlie and Peter nights?" He suggested with a warm smile. I smiled back at him and stood up, giving him a hug. It was nice to have my best friend back.

"What have you been listening too?" He asked as he noticed my iPod on the dock. Shit if he turns that on that's going to be awkward.

"Nothing" I leaped up and tried to get it but he shot his web at the speaker first and had it in his hand in seconds. Damn it, stupid web.

His eyes twinkled mischievously as he hit play.

"From the day we arrive on the planet
And blinking, step into the sun
There's more to be seen than can ever be seen
More to do than can ever be done

Some say eat or be eaten
Some say live and let live
But all are agreed as they join the stampede
You should never take more than you give

In the circle of life
It's the wheel of fortune
It's the leap of faith
It's the band of hope
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the circle, the circle of life" He gave me a look which said 'what the fuck?'. Don't judge me, the lion king is arguably the best Disney film and I mean the feels with Simba and Nala? Who can't love that?

I rolled my eyes and turned it off. "Right go on, go and when you return to night you better have pizza" I warned him, he laughed and pulled his mask over his face, giving me a quick wave before jumping out the window and swinging away.

---------------------------------------

I pulled my hair into a messy braid and put on my baggy jumper. I already had a pack of movies out for us. I was glad Peter had come to see me this morning and that he'd suggested we had a movie night.

Since he found my choice of songs so amusing, I decided that it would only be fitting for us to watching the Lion King, The Lion King 1/2 and The Lion King 2. So a lion king marathon really. If he remembered the pizza then tonight would be a very good night.

I heard a car pull up outside. Peter wouldn't drive right? Who could that be? I looked out a saw a large white van pull up, many men dressed in black with masks jumping out. What the fuck?

That's when I saw it. The sign imprinted on the shoulder of their jackets. Hydra. Well shit.

I quickly slammed the curtains shut and ran to the door, putting on the double padlock. I made sure to delete every sign of anything I had searched on my computer. I shut it all down and tucked anything important away, locking my phone in a draw.

I could hear them in the lobby.

The steps were getting closer and closer to my door. I counted 7 people with guns after hearing them being loaded. I didn't have any weapons and I was tired, there was no way I had a chance against these guys. Unless........

I ran to my draw, pulling the serum out. It was either dying at the hands of hydra or possibly dying with my own work. I didn't even think about it. I stuck the needle into my arm and pushed all the liquid in. For a minute I felt strong, as if I could take on any number of hydra agents. But then my vision went blurry, slowly clouding into darkness as my door burst open and my head hit the floor.

---------------------------------------

CLIFFHANGER!!! CHARLIE'S IN TROUBLE!!!!

Sorry I did it again.

Anyway

So I'm having a dilemma about my new story 'it's complicated'. See I have that story and another i started writing called 'Elite' but I can't keep both. So I'm going to post the first chapter on the Elite shortly and could you comment either one here or on one of the stories which you think I could continue?

Thanks guy!

Hoped you liked the chapter!

Mia