Chapter Seventeen

Louis’s P.O.V

I wake up with Alexis close to me. She is still asleep. I chuckle silently and get out of bed. I go take a shower and cover up the mirror so I don’t look at my reflection. I brush my hair and dry myself off. I wrap my towel around me and grab a pair of red jeans and a black shirt. I change into them and go downstairs. The smell of toast fills my nostrils. I walk into the kitchen and see Niall slowly munching on a piece of toast. He looks up at me and gives me a weak smile.

“Morning Nialler.” I coo, and I sit on one of the barstools across from him. He still looks down at his toast.

“Morning Lou.” He whispers. He puts his toast down and pushes his plate away. He’s barely eaten his toast. What’s up with him.

“What’s wrong?” I ask him. He looks up, his face pale. 

“Nothing.” He answers. But I can tell he is lying.

“No you’re not. Tell me.”

“We’re not the same anymore. Ever since that house bad things have happened to us. Well, to everyone but you and Alexis.” He says. I nod in agreement. He is right. Alexis and me are the only ones who haven’t been attacked yet. “And I’m scared.” He mutters. I sigh and get up and hug him. Niall has seemed to be really damaged by this.

“Are you cheating on me Louis?” a deep voice gasps. We pull away and look up to see Harry and Cali. 

“Sorry Hazza. I was trying to comfort Niall.” I reply. They and we all laugh join us at the barstools. Harry pours him and Cali a glass of milk. 

“So, how did you guys sleep?” I ask. 

“Good.” They all say together.

“Fine.” A deep voice greets. We all turn our heads and see Liam standing at the bottom of the stairs, gripping the railing tightly trying to keep his balance. He smiles at us. My eyes widen at the sight of him. He’s finally awake!

“Li Li!” Niall cheers and runs up to hug him. Liam groans and Niall pulls away. Liam still must be weak from last night. Niall helps Liam into the kitchen, and sits him down on a barstool next to him. We all stare at him as Niall get’s him a bottle of water and hands it to him. Liam takes a sip of it and just stays quiet. We all sit there in awkward silence, and then I decide to break the silence.

“So Liam, how are you feeling?” I ask. He doesn’t speak. He just points to his throat. It takes me a few seconds to realize that he’s trying to say he can’t talk. I grab a notepad and a pen and hand them to him. He writes something down and shows it to us.

~‘Okay I guess. My throat really hurts and I’m having trouble keeping my balance. I think we need to call our tour doctor.’ He writes. I nod and Harry goes to call Paul about it. When Harry leaves Zayn comes down. He stops in his tracks at the sight of Liam.

“Hey Liam!” he coos. Liam smiles and waves. Zayn gives me a puzzled look, but then I point to my throat and he gets that Liam can’t talk. He joins us at the counter. After a few minutes Harry comes in.

“Oh, morning Zayn. Liam, Paul said that she will be here in about an hour to check you out. He said that until then try not to use your voice.” Liam nods and takes another sip of water. About ten minutes later Alexis comes down all dressed. She starts to put her coat on. 

“Morning Alexis. Where are you going?” I ask her.

“I’m going to see my mom in the hospital. If you want you guys can come.” She replies.

“No thanks, I’m going to stay here with Liam and wait for the doctor to come and check him out and see what we can do about his voice.” Niall replies.