Chapter Ten

I get out of my car in the rain. I run inside. Once I’m there, I go and change. I put on pink tight pants, those high-top boots that look like converse, and a purple shirt with a black hat, glasses and moustache on it. I brush my matted hair out and curl it. Even though I don’t necessarily need them, I put on my glasses. I put on a ring with a flower and pink lip-gloss. I just notice now that it doesn’t hurt as much when I move as it did a couple days ago. I take one last look at myself. I look good. I go downstairs and sit with my brother Dean, who is watching TV. I plop down next to him and wrap my arm around him. He just stares while giving me w weird look.

“HEY DEAN!” I shout in his ear. He flinches and rolls his eyes.

“You’re weird, you know that right?” Dean asks me.

“Aww, thank you. I take that as a compliment.” I say. He rolls his eyes and continues to stare at the laptop screen. “What are you reading?” I ask him. He glances at me.

“Seeing if there is anything to hunt.” He answers.

“We just got back from one like two or three days ago, and you want to go on another one?” I ask him. He just nods his head. “Wow, Dean you are really annoying. I’m not going on this one. You can either go alone with Sam, or you can take Dad with you. Your choice.” I tell him. He nods again and goes closes his lap top screen. He gets up and walks out of the living room. I sigh and lean back. I turn on the TV to see the news. Nothing new, just a few political issues. Then, something comes up about Niall. It talks about how something mysterious happened last night to him. It talks about how his eyes started bleeding. They say he’s alright now. How do they know about that? Are they always spying on us? And do they have to do it while we’re in the bathroom? I mean, seriously, it’s creepy watching someone use a toilet. It really is. Then they go back to talking about political issues. 

Oh no, this can not be good. Everyone will probably start bugging us about it. I will not spill. I open up my laptop and there are hundreds of thousands of tweets towards me on my wall. There’s the usual hate, then the rest of them are asking me if Niall is okay and what happened last night. I decide to respond, but I’m not saying much.

“Hey guys. You want to know what happened? Well, honestly, I don’t know anymore. Okay? Please stop bugging me about it.” I write and post. I log out of twitter after and go onto facebook. You think with me dating Louis and all I’d have a lot of facebook friends, right? Wrong. I have around 20 or so. I try to keep myself on the down low. I don’t want too many friends. I have to do a certain thing though. I only accept friend requests from people that I actually know. I’m friends with the boy’s of course. But then there is Cali and most of the are hunters. It isn’t the best idea to have facebook if you’re someone like me, but I have a fake name on facebook. I just tell Louis and his friends that it will make it harder for hackers to find out as much about me. Cali was the first person I added on it. 

Nothing new was going on, just the same as what was happening on twitter. I sighed and closed my laptop. I put it aside and just sit there for a bit, with nothing to do. I decide that today I will just stay home and work on my hunting. It will be okay because we live far away from others so no one can hear gun shots. I looked outside and noticed it had stopped raining. I go upstairs and grab some guns and knives. I hop back down the stairs and put on my black leather jacket. I go outside and start to set up the targets. Mud splashes around under my rain boots as I walk. Once I’m done, I start. I shoot at each target. I get it right in the middle every time. I’ve gotten used to the loud bang that comes when a gun goes off. I don’t need headphones to block the noise out. The gun doesn’t feel heavy and scary anymore. It hasn’t for a while. I first started to shoot when I was seven. That was when I found out that what my parents told me was true. I remember how it felt at first. It felt scary. It felt dangerous. It felt unreal. It felt so weird. I kept missing whenever I shot, and my brothers had to keep helping me, a lot. I eventually started getting better. I started to actually hit the target, then I got it right in the middle, and started hitting it there ever since. I caught on pretty quickly. It took me a few days, but I got it.