Chapter Eighteen

I look through my old photos on my phone. Pictures of me with my brothers, dad, mom and Uncle Bobby. I miss Uncle Bobby. He was shot in the head by a leviathan. I miss him a lot. He only died a few months ago. I remember how I was crying so hard, because I really liked him. I was there when he said his last words, which were "digits". I knew him really well. He was like a second dad to me. He was cool. He taught me a lot about hunting too. He would watch me when no one else could. Now he's dead. And it sucks.

I sigh and go to the recording booth again. This time I'm alone. I want to be alone. I walk in and sit in a chair. I admire the place. I decide that I want to sing a song. I search my brain for a song I'm in the mood to sing. There are a lot of songs I like. Then it hits me. I decide to sing 'Fly' by Nicki Minaj featuring Rihanna. I get the music then get in the booth. I put my headphones in and the music starts to play. I start to sing.

I came to win, to fight

To prosper to thrive

I came to win, to survive

To prosper, to rise

To fly

To fly

I start to do the rap part. Then I get back to the course. I continue to sing until the song finishes. I save it onto a CD. Then I decide to sing another song. I rack my brain for ideas, then I decide to sing 'A Thousand Years' by Christina Perri. I go to the piano. I hit record and start to play and sing. My music sounds beautiful.

I continue to sing until I reach the chorus.

I have died every day waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you for

A thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

I finish playing and save it to the same CD. I decide to sing another song. What will I sing this time? I hum the chorus to the song I wrote as I think. Then it hits me. I'll sing my song. My original song. I grab a guitar. I memorized my song, so I don't need sheet music. I hit record and start to play it. I love the way it sounds. I wrote it about Louis and I. It's called 'Mine'.

I continue to sing until I reach the bridge. This actually happened to Louis and me.

And I remember that fight 2:30 am

Said everything was slipping right out of our hands

I ran out crying and you followed me out into the streets

Braced myself for the goodbye

'Cause that's all I've ever known

Then you took me by surprise

You said "I'll never leave you alone"

I finished playing the song. I saved it to the CD. Suddenly I heard clapping. I turned around and saw Louis standing there with a big grin. I blushed uncontrollably.

"That was amazing. Did you write that?" he asks me. I nod and he smiles even bigger. "Well it's really good. You never told me you wrote songs." He said. He comes over. I stand up. He wraps his arms around my waist. We sway from side to side a little bit. He rests his chin on my shoulder.

"Well I do." I say. He stops. I look at him and he has an even bigger grin than before if that's possible. "What?" I ask him.

"We should sing a duet." He states. I look to the ground and sway a little.

"I don't know Louis." I say shyly.

"Come one." He takes me back to the piano. He hands me sheet music. I take a look at it and realize it's 'Give Your Heart a Break' by Demi Lovato. I look at him funny. "What? I think it sounds better as a duet." I sigh and nod. He hits record and I start to play. I start off singing. Then we sing the chorus together. Then Louis sings the second verse. His angelic voice rings in my ear as he sings. He is amazing! (I know this is the glee version and I know it's not his voice but just pretend that its Louis singing it)