Chapter Thirty One

Alexis’ P.O.V

We all stared at the figure in front of us. He had ghostly pale skin, and dull blue eyes, almost gray. He had dull blonde hair that was spiky. He was short. He was wearing a dirty tattered tuxedo with holes and red stains on them. He looked like he was almost see through. Almost like a ghost. He looked almost exactly like Niall.

He looked up at us with fear scrawled across his pale face. We stared back at him in shock. But he didn’t exactly seem to be looking at us. It almost seemed like he was in more of a trance than in reality. We all stared at him, not sure what to do. He soon started to sway a little and look almost as if he were in pain. He looked almost petrified. I took a step forward and cleared my throat.

“Excuse me, are you alright?” I ask, raising my voice a little, in case he’s so caught up in his world that he can’t hear me. He doesn’t answer.

“Hello? Sir?” Liam asks. Harry picks up a little wooden bowl on a table and throws it at the man. It goes right through him. The boys and Cali gasp.

“What the hell!” Niall mutters. “That dude looks like me, and the bowl just went right through him.” He adds. I think about it for a second, realizing what he might be.

“Okay, hold on,” I say. I walk over to the guy quickly while shouting. “Hey, buddy!” No answer from him. All he does is stand there, paralyzed in fear.

Harry’s P.O.V

“Okay, hold on,” Alexis says, shoving us and walking over to the pale blonde guy quickly. He looks almost exactly like Niall. Maybe this is that guy, who looked like Niall in that picture, I think it was Ryder or something like that. But he is dead, right? When I threw that wooden bowl at him it went right through him. The guy also looks kind of see through. Maybe this guy is a ghost of Ryder. It might be possible. Alexis did say that she hunted things like this, and this looks like Niall and the guy in the picture, so it could be him.

“Hey, Buddy!” Alexis shouts at the guy. We all looked at her confused, well, except Cali. Now that we know about Alexis’ secret life, it explains why I’ve had the feeling that Cali and Alexis have been lying to me, to all of us. I still have a feeling that they’re keeping a few more secrets from us, but now isn’t the best time to ask if they are. 

Alexis waves her hand in front of the guy’s face. “What is she doing?” I ask Cali, whispering it in her ear.

“That guy must be a death echo.” She answers.

“What’s a death echo?” Zayn asks weakly, letting a groan escape immediately after asking.

“A death echo is sort of like a ghost, reliving it’s own death, over and over again. It usually happens in the place they were killed.” Cali answers Zayn, looking at him with sympathetic eyes.

“So, he’s basically reliving his death, over and over again?” I ask. Cali looks at me with hatred and anger in her eyes and nods. “But why is she shouting at him?” I ask next.

“Well, sometimes you can wake a death echo from their loop, get them to come into the real world, and you can talk to them, but usually you have to have some kind of connection with them.” Cali answers and I nod.

Alexis’ P.O.V

“Hey, buddy!” I shout again, raising my voice a little. He still doesn’t answer me. I look behind me and see Cali whispering something to the boys, probably explaining what I’m doing and why I’m doing it. “Wake up! You’re dead!” I shout again. I wave my hand in his face but nothing works. I groan and move back to the guys. “It’s not working.” I groan throwing my head back.