Chapter Twenty One

Alexis’s P.O.V

I sit with Louis, Zayn, Liam, and Niall in the living room. It was cold and I saw that it started to snow outside. Liam and Niall sit on the couch by the window, keeping a distance. Zayn sits alone on a separate chair. He looks sadly out the window while playing with his thumbs. Louis and I sit on the love seat, holding hands. I am basically sitting in his lap, my arms wrapped around his neck. He has his arms wrapped around my waist. I lay my head on his shoulder. I sighed as he hummed softly to me, making me blush a little. I eventually started to drift off to sleep. The last thing I see is Louis’s eyes changing from blue to black, then back to blue again and he giving me a confused look. I guess horror was written on my face when I fell asleep. I don’t have any dreams. I have a dreamless sleep, which is better than a vision dream.

Liam’s P.O.V

I watch Louis and Alexis snuggle together. She wraps his arms around his neck, he has his arms around her waist. She is sitting in his lap. That is how Danielle and me would sit sometimes, sitting in my lap, her arms around my neck, my arms around her waist, snuggling with each other. I miss those times. It has been over a month since we broke up. She broke it off for a whole bunch of reasons that I don’t like to think about. I miss her so much though. I loved her with all of my heart, and I hope that maybe some day we can be together again. But that is unlikely to happen, which is sad.

Niall is sitting next to me, but he keeps a distance between us that is greater than usual. He looks nervous. Zayn sits alone by the window. He looks sadly out the window watching the puffy snowflakes fall to the ground while playing with his thumbs. Alexis laid her head on Louis’ shoulder as he started to hum to her softly, and I notice her blushing slightly. She started to slowly drift off to sleep. She looks at Louis as he stares down at her. A look of horror appears quickly on her face but then she falls asleep. Louis gives a confused look then looks at us. We mimic the confused look he had on his face, and then he just shrugs and cradles Alexis. They are such a good couple. They are meant to be for each other. Everything about them fits together. Their voices sound good together when they sing. They both have bright blue orbs on their faces. They are just meant to be, not doubt about it. Louis looks at us again.

“She’s so cute when she’s asleep.” He whispers, thinking we can’t hear him, but we do.

“Yeah, she is.” Niall agrees his voice sounding soft and a bit calmer than before. I sigh and take a good look at her. She seems calmer than she ever has before. She looks so peaceful. Her face is expressionless, like she’s having a dreamless sleep. I grab my note pad and pencil and begin to write.

~ She looks peaceful ~ I write and show the boys. They all nod. I notice Zayn is still not paying attention to what’s going on. He just stares out the window, looking lost in his own world. I write something down and rip the page out. I crumble it into a ball and throw it at Zayn’s head. He flinches and looks at me with a confused look. I point to the ground and he looks down to see the paper ball. He picks it up and reads it out loud. 

“ ‘Zayn, are you okay?’,” he reads and looks up at me, giving a weak smile. “I’m fine.” He sighs, but I don’t believe him. I look down and continue to write.

~ You don’t seem alright. ~ I write and show him. He sighs again.

“I just don’t like everything that’s happened. Cali got glass in her foot for a reason I don’t know. I was attacked by who knows what and I barely remember. Niall’s eyes were bleeding and he had a weird reflection staring back at him. You coughed up blood and nearly died because of that creepy little girl,” he says pointing to each of us. I notice Louis get a little uncomfortable when Zayn mentions Cali getting glass in her foot. Does he know something we don’t? “And Harry woke up with blood with no memory of the night before. Now he’s having nightmares, he’s quiet, he’s angry, he snaps more, and he cries a lot too! He’s changed! We’ve all changed. Only Louis and Alexis haven’t gotten attacked yet.” Zayn exclaims not so quietly. We all shush him as Alexis starts to stir in her sleep, but she stays asleep. We all sigh in relief quietly and we all look at Zayn. “This is just all too much.” He sighs. Niall goes up to him and puts an arm around him, trying to comfort him.