Just A Teddy Bear

You sat up in bed and looked at your phone, it was 1:27 AM. You looked around the dark room you resided in but saw nothing abnormal, yet the sense of dread did nothing but linger. Dread and isolation were the words on your mind. Sitting alone in the dark slate of your room left you with the thoughts of what had happened earlier... How Alex had almost put you through something you never thought you'd ever experience. The tears in your eyes only became noticeable when they ran down your face, the shaking of your body was apparent too. You realized you'd never seen Alex leave, had you? What if he was hiding in the dark? You suddenly felt like you were being watched as your chest began to rise and fall at a quick  pace. You couldn't take it anymore.

You threw off your blanket and got out of bed, feeling the cold air hit your skin only added to the uneasy feeling in your stomach. You walked, trying to keep your composure, but eventually you settled on trying to figure out where you were going. Were you going outside? That seemed a bit stupid.. You wanted protection but who could you get that from? Your parents? 'Hey mom, hey dad! Can I sleep in with you guys? I'm scared that a boy I let come over without telling you is still in the house and trying to hurt me. Oh-! By the way, he tried to force me to have sex with him!' The scenario played out with you saying that then your parents going ballistic. Who else was there? You were in the living room looking around and spotted the door leading out to the garage. 

You swung open the door and found the metallic bear sitting in the same position you always found him in. You watched his eyes light up as he looked up and saw you, "Y/N!..." His voice trailed off as you saw him examining your face, concern replacing his smile. "What's wrong cupcake?" You couldn't respond, you felt like you had super glue on your lips but when the water fell from your eyes, the words came out as well, you started to weep while you quietly screamed about all your problems. The bears eyes seemed to widen in response to your sudden out burst but still, he listened. 

Eventually everything had spilled out and you were left hyperventilation and shaking while the tears kept flooding, but Freddy on the other hand, stood up without saying a word and picked you up. He sat down in his spot and held you, beginning to play his music box, "I DON'T WANNA HEAR YOUR STUPID LULLABY!" You knew deep down he was only trying to help but the thought of him just simply putting you to sleep enraged you. The tune faded away while Freddy sat puzzled on how to fix the situation.

     Freddy's POV:

Y/N never acted this way before, I'd never expect something like that coming out of her. How could I calm her down? She didn't seem to like my music box this time... I settled to hold her and pressed my face to hers and she felt so warm... The sensation made me shiver, it was different, yet pleasant. I held Y/N slightly tighter.. Why am I doing this again?! I know I'm sick in the head but I'm not THAT sick! Ugh, I'm only lulling her into a false sense of security, that's it. 

    Y/N's POV:

You felt slightly better, the cold metal now felt nice against your warmth. The cooling was helping you to calm down, and you laid against Freddy's mechanical chest. You could hear gears turning but then they started to move faster, the pace almost reminded you of a human heart, which was some how comforting you even more. You started to let your eyes droop and Freddy took notice, "Feeling weary, Y/N?" Freddy asked, looking at you. You nodded, "Alright, I think it's about time I took you to bed." You remembered why you'd came to see him in the first place, "Please don't Freddy..! I- I don't wanna be alone..." You fumbled your words, the tears threated to make a second debut but Freddy stole your attention before they could, "Would you like me to stay in your room with you, Y/N?" You felt better and nodded again while Freddy stood, still carrying you. Soon you were both in your room and Freddy laid you back down, tucking you in, the same way your your dad used to. He sat next to your bed and held the hand that you'd draped over the edge of your bed.

Freddy being in the room with you made you feel at ease, the way he held your hand made you feel less alone, his glowing blue eyes illuminated the darkness, you had no reason to worry with Freddy here. You heard his music box start to play again, but this time, you welcomed the melody and let it take you to sleep.