Opportunity

AN: As of now, "No Pulse" is set to be concluding soon. I'd like to thank everyone for reading my story and I encourage you to read the other stories that I intend to publish soon!

Who knows? There may even be some familiar faces...

You'd gone back up to your room after dinner, sitting in front of Freddy to tell him the news. He listened intently as you told him how you planned on getting him back and he stared at you the same way your parents did when you said something stupid. "What's that look for?" You asked him with pure confusion.

"Cupcake, your idea is great, but what do you think he will do when he realizes I'm gone?" He sighed. "He won't know where you'd gone though! It'd be hard to find us out here!" Freddy rested his head on his hand, "If you're sure..." He looked away in the direction of your door. "It'll take a few days okay Freddy? Just promise me you'll hold out..." He nodded. You hadn't mentioned Circus Baby's, just that he wasn't going to be scrapped. 

When you got in bed, you couldn't help but notice the pressure and fear in your chest. What if this didn't work and you lose Freddy for good? You sat up and leaned against your headboard to look at Freddy, you knew you couldn't bear losing him. You grasped at your pillow and hugged it tightly as you easied off to sleep. 

As the morning came and went, your family told you that at around five P.M., they'd be allowing Mr. Miller to come and pick up Freddy, to this you begged to drop him off instead on the grounds that watching a stranger come and take him would hurt too much which they found understandable... You had just barely dogged a bullet, the entire plan would've failed if he knew your address.

You spent what little time you had left by preparing yourself and Freddy. The biggest and most important thing to do was ensure you had a way to communicate with him which you managed to accomplish. Similarly to how every different radio frequency is a different channel, this was the same idea except everything was transcribed in binary which you thought if these conversations were to be found by the guy who'd bought Freddy, he'd mistake it for strings of code instead.

Once the important things were out of the way, you sat with Freddy and watched a movie together. For the few hours you spent enjoying each other's company, you grew more and more fearful of the inevitable and despite all you'd done to try and prepare yourself mentally for this, the moment you heard your parents' footsteps coming up the stairs made your heart ache.

You and your parents managed to load up Freddy in your dad's truck and you climbed in the bed with him. As the truck started, the engine's loud roar, the bumpy gravel shaking it, the sensations made your guts flip. The nervous feeling in your stomach was only making things worse. Freddy didn't say a word during the ride, only pulled you close to him, wrapping his arms around you.

When the truck stopped, Freddy let go of you and went limp only facing the ground. You sat up and looked past him to see an older man with glasses, a beard and mustache, and graying hair who was sporting a purple tie. You hopped out of the truck as the man approached you, "So you're Mr. Millier?" You asked while your parents came and joined your side.

The man nodded and laughed a little, "Mr. Miller is correct but there's no need for formalities! Dave is just fine." He said pleasantly before looking past you at Freddy who'd completely moved to see the man. Your parents also turned back and both straightened up after seeing how Freddy had noticeably moved.

Freddy stared at Dave, never taking his eyes off him. His ears were down at the sides of his head as Dave approached him, "And I'm sure you've all met Freddy right?" He asked, feeling the fur on Freddy's muzzle, as his fingers came down close to Freddy's mouth, he snapped his teeth at him in an animal-like way.

"That's no way to behave, is it now?" He asked the bear sternly. Your dad spoke up, "Since when did it talk?" His voice quivered as he looked back at you, making you laugh nervously in response. "Come on Freddy, we shouldn't hold them up too much longer..." He said ominously while taking something off of his belt that resembled a Taser. 

Freddy opened his mouth to protest before seeing the object and claiming his jaw shut tight. He slowly climbed from the bed, his body shook and his face plates twitched. Dave smiled at him and placed the device back on his belt. He turned to you, his kind, brown eyes burning through you in a threatening manner. "Would you like a tour miss..." His voice trailed off, having realized he didn't know your name. 

"It's Y/N!" You announced. He smiled, "Well then, Y/N, would you like a tour?" You nodded as he started to walk into the building, you and Freddy following right on his heels. Freddy's head stayed down but you could still see the look of terror on his face. You got closer to him but he didn't seem to care or notice, why did Dave get under Freddy's skin so much?

As you toured the building, you came to realize that Freddy wasn't the only robot here. You were introduced to Funtime Foxy, Ballora, and... "Damn it, Circus Baby!" He shouted through the glass window before pinching the bridge of his nose. "Maybe you could see her another time..." You looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?" You moved closer to the glass to try and get a better look, "Well..." He paused, "There's a position open for a night guard." He smiled, "I understand that you've come to like Freddy and if you worked for me, you could see him and the rest of them every night!" Freddy let out an audible gasp and took a step back, his shaking becoming more violent.

"Y/N you really-" His speech was halted by a look from Dave, "Now, now Freddy... We wouldn't want to spoil the fun, would we?" He said with a knowing smile. "Spoil the fun?" You thought, what would he mean by that? Dave sighed before taking a card out of his wallet, "Consider it, Y/N! All the benefits, seeing Freddy, and good pay!" He placed the card in your hand, "It's a great opportunity..." He muttered more to himself than to you.

He glanced down at his watch, "Would you look at that, nearly eight P.M.!" He chuckled, "I supposed I got a bit carried away... You should be on your way now Y/N." He said as he shooed you back outside. You got in the actual back seat of the truck and buckled up, staring out the window at the building. "What took you so long Y/N?" Your mom asked.

You pulled the card out and held it in front of your face, "I was offered a great opportunity..." You said, smiling down at the card.