Chapter 6 - Her motivation

Akshara had only turn the Tv on when the main door was unlocked and her flatmate, Abhimanyu who was preparing to leave for his work/college dashed outside. She swore she felt her hair flying up at his lightening speed as she placed a hand on her rapidly pounding heart. The heck was that? She turned around to see his stuff still on his desk, right where he left. Blinking in absolute confusion, she pondered if she'd to call him and ask if everything was fine.

However the man himself stormed in a few minutes later, out of breath but with the widest grin she's ever seen on his face as he was facing his phone. Now, she was so damn confused. She got up from the sofa and marched to him, to give an earful for scaring the hell out of her but stopped when she heard someone talking. He's on a face time. She hit her head softly as she leaned against the sofa's arm and waited for him to finish the call.

"Neil! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much! You're the best, buddy!" Abhimanyu said cheerfully.

"Anything for the bestest Bro! I love you, Bhai." Neil Birla, his brother, his partner in crime and also his best friend, answered back.

"Love you too, Baccha." He said softly. He loved his brother despite him always pulling his legs.

"Are you guys gonna talk alone? What about me? Abhi Bhaiya, you forgot about me?" Nishita asked as soon her pouting face appeared onscreen.

"Nahi, Baba..." He brushed her off fondly, "How can I ever forget my baby sister?"

Akshara watched the interaction with a surprised expression as she never heard her flatmate being this soft and endearing. It's a total new side of him and she found herself wonder if he'll ever be this soft with her... before shaking away the thought. What the hell are you thinking, Akshu?

"Anyway, thanks again for sending my baby. Love you guys."

Abhimanyu bid adieus to his siblings in a few minutes as he'd to leave for work and turned around to see Akshara looking at him pointedly.

"What?" He questioned and she frowned more.

"Baby?" She asked forgetting her initial motive of giving him an earful.

"Haan, Baby." He confirmed not understanding where this was going.

"You've a girlfriend? I thought you were still completing MD? Waitt—you've an actual baby!?" She fired her questions, her curiosity taking over and his eyes widened with her every question.

"What the hell?? Baby!? F*ck no!" He interrupted her. Akshara stopped talking.

"Okay, so no baby?" He shook his head. "No baby."

She sighed. "Okay. Cool. Good." He gave her nervous grin calming his heartbeats. She dropped a bomb on him. A baby? Seriously? When he was barely 25 and didn't even know to take care of himself? Stupid, stupid girl.

But Akshara was still not out of her trance. Her brows shot up as if she remembered something and Abhimanyu mentally groaned when she became serious again. What now?

"Look, Abhimanyu, as a girl, I wouldn't want my boyfriend to live in the same flat as an another girl and hide it from me. I know there's nothing between us and nothing will ever be between us but it's still unfair to let your girlfriend in dark. You should tell her—" He held his hand up as the last of his patience broke at the absurdity of her words.

"How nice of you to care about my non-existent girlfriend..." He sighed rubbing his forehead. Her words died in her mouth and she looked at him with question in her gaze.

"Listen to me once for all." Abhimanyu Birla, muttered as he shook a step closer to her, unconsciously caging her against the entrance wall. She'd stopped talking by now, breath hitching as she stared at him with her big, coal black eyes while she realised their close proximity. But he didn't.