Chapter 62 - When it rains, it pours

AN : I added music for this chapter, feel free to play it when you see this :
>>

**

"Bhaiya, please stop the car," Akshara muttered, her voice devoid of any emotion and her expression blank.

"Are you sure, ma'am? The residential area is a few kilometers away, and it looks like it's about to rain."

Without a word, she handed him the money, got out of the car, and retrieved her small luggage. As the car drove away, she walked to her favorite spot in the city: the lakeside. It was the only place that had witnessed her deepest sorrows and greatest joys. She couldn't go back to her house. Not now. Not in this state.

Leaving her bag behind, she walked to the edge of the empty lakeside and sat down, pulling her knees to her chest as she gazed out at the horizon over the clear water. So much had happened in the past few hours, and she didn't even know where to begin. How could she feel anything when she felt so hollow, so empty inside?

Just 24 hours ago, she had woken up in his bed, basked in his warmth, started her day seeing his handsome face, and enjoyed the breakfast he had prepared. And now she was here. Alone.

Walk away from me. Forget me. Go live your life.—

The first teardrop slipped silently down her cheek, just as the rain started pouring, slowly soaking her clothes.

My sorry won't fix this. Nothing I say will fix it. But I'm so sorry Akshara, I really am.—

She wiped the fallen tear, in an attempt to choke back the rising tide of emotions threatening to engulf her. But it was futile as the tears kept coming.

She kissed me.—

The mere thought of someone else's lips on his—the same lips that had tasted every part of her—made her want to scream and throw up.

I woke up in her bed. Naked.—

A torn cry escaped her mouth, transforming into a sob that broke free from her throat, raw and jagged, as his face flashed in her mind and his voice echoed in her head. Another sob followed, then another, until she was sobbing uncontrollably. The nausea rose swiftly, an overwhelming wave of sickness that demanded release. Desperately, she scrambled to her feet and stumbled toward the grass, where she finally let it all out.

Her Abhi wasn't hers anymore. Someone else had touched him, left their mark on him. The one thing that was supposed to be only hers in the world wasn't hers. He allowed it to happen. He—he did it. Fuck. Why did it hurt so much? Why did it feel like someone was ripping her heart from her chest?

She wiped her mouth and stumbled back to the lakeside, collapsing onto the hard ground. Was she not enough? Wasn't her love enough? Wasn't her body enough?

I want your soul, Akshara. Not just your body.—

Was that a lie? How could it be a lie when he said it with so much conviction and love in his eyes? How could it be a lie when he worshipped her like she was a goddess? She tangled her hands in her messy hair, pulling slightly as her world crumbled around her. How could everything she believed become a lie? How could what she had with Abhi become a lie?

I love you, Akshara Goenka. With every fiber of my being.—

To make things worse, the memory of the last time she was here flooded her mind—the warmth of his arms around her and the feel of his lips on hers.— The first time he said 'I love you'.