Chapter 51 - Each other's worlds

A surprised Akshara stepped into her living room, a smile lighting up her face as she found herself face to face with two unexpected guests. "Parth Bhai, what brings you here? Aren't you tied up with Bhabhi?" she teased, drawing a collective chuckle from the room.

"Oh, I am indeed. But I wanted to see if your majesty will grace my bachelor party getaway with her delightful presence." Parth countered, his grin oozing with playful charm. Neil, in the midst of munching on a kachori, couldn't resist chiming in. "She's too busy pining for Abhi bro, Bhaiya," he quipped. Akshara shot him a glare, feeling the weight of everyone's teasing gaze upon her.

"That's not it. I'm busy with work." She denied looking away.

"Sure, and I'm Neil Armstrong," Neil retorted, his sassiness intact. Parth ignored him and focused on the girl. "Akshu, you're coming right? Shef wants you too. Everyone will be there."

'But he won't.'—She thought sadly, her expression falling, as she remembered that her boyfriend won't be back for the next two days. "When are you all leaving?" she asked, her disappointment palpable.

"Today, actually. We'll be back by Monday morning. Your family gave the green light," Parth confirmed.

"Haan, Akshu. Why not? You'll be bored all by yourself," Swarna interjected kindly, her hand resting reassuringly on her granddaughter's shoulder.

As her family offered encouraging nods, she felt worse. How'd she explain them that being with his siblings will make her think more about him and she wouldn't be able to enjoy the party anyway?

"BadiMumma...I've some work." She frowned, redirecting to Parth. "I'm sorry bhaiya..." With that, she turned away heading upstairs, feeling terrible for declining Parth's heartfelt invitation right at her doorstep.

"Akshu," she halted at the sound of her father's voice. Swallowing her emotions, she turned to find him leaning against the nearest pillar by the main door. She sulked, knowing very well he'd read through her. He didn't chide her. Instead, he smiled gently as he stepped closer, his arm revealing an apologetic Abhimanyu from behind the pillar, he was sheepishly holding his ear and a soft smile tugging at his lips.

Her jaw dropped as she silently mouthed his name, her family barely concealing their chuckles. Even her father sported a grin from ear to ear. Traitors!—"You're back!?" she exclaimed, her gaze fixated on the man she loved. "But you said you'd returned in two days!" She accused, descending a step at a time.

"I wanted to surprise you, Gharelu doctor," Abhi-Liar-Manyu defended, his hands raised in innocence.

"We just wanted to tease you a bit, princess," her father chimed in, earning a scoff from Akshara.

"That's not funny, Papa! I felt terrible for turning down Parth Baha'i's invitation!" Akshara protested in frustration.

"It's alright, partner. You're busy with work, we get it," Neil smirked. "We'll just drag our bro along with us."

"I'm not busy with work!" Akshara retorted, turning to him, prompting Abhi to burst into laughter, soon followed by her father. Caught off guard by her deadly glare, they both cleared their throats. She seized the nearest object within reach—plastic flowers from a nearby vase.

Abhimanyu silently thanked the heavens that she didn't opt for the vase instead. "Baby, violence isn't the answer," he attempted to placate her, but Kartik nudged him forward, while BadePapa and his brothers reveled in his misery.

"Screw you, Abhimanyu Liar Birla! You don't talk to me!" She spat, hurling a rose in his direction. He caught it effortlessly, a playful smile on his lips. "I thought you missed me." He quipped.