Chapter 55 - My Forever

Amidst the solitude of nature, nestled deep within the woods beside the tranquil lake, a serene candlelight dinner bloomed beneath the canopy of ancient trees. Soft beams of moonlight filtered through the foliage, casting a gentle glow upon the rustic wooden table adorned with flickering candles and cloaked dishes. Soft blankets were draped over the chairs, creating a warm and intimate atmosphere under the starlit sky.

 Soft blankets were draped over the chairs, creating a warm and intimate atmosphere under the starlit sky

An awestruck Akshara stood in front of the scene as she took in the sight that has took her breath away. Behind her, Abhimanyu instinctively wrapped an arm around her waist, drawing her close as he rested his chin on her shoulder, his gaze fixed ahead before tilting his head towards her.

"Do you like it?"

She needed a moment to snap out of her trance as she was captured by simple yet profound beauty of the place. It wasn't decorated extravagantly, knowing her taste, Abhi had opted for a modest, cozy set up in a subtle place. But it's one of the best places she's ever been.

She tore her eyes from the view to gaze at the man she loved, the emotion in her eyes speaking louder than her mouth. "You know if I like it or not, baby." She answered calmly, leaning back into him.

She felt his smile on her bare shoulder as she's wearing a strapless dress.

He dropped a kiss there, humming softly. "You love it."

"I love the place and you." She giggled turning around in his arms as she nuzzled his face to hers, pecking his lips. "Thank you."

"I hope you love me more though..." Abhimanyu teased lifting her chin up. Akshara pretended to think, making him to fake gasp. "Seriously!?"

She grinned widely as she replied. "Feed me and you'll know."

"Yes ma'am, I'll never dare starve you." He winked with a charming grin of his own as he led her to the table, pulling a chair out for her before taking his seat in front of her. He served her first but she shook her head at him, frowning as she grabbed his plate and served him at the same time.

She looked around her and stared at him, totally spellbound once again as she reached for his hand. "You prepared this all yourself?" He shook his head negatively. "I couldn't sneak around to prepare the food and I don't know how to cook Italian." She chuckled at that.

"This place is amazing, Abhi. How did you find it?"

He squeezed her hand. "Gotta make our first official date special, don't you think Troublemaker?" He asked with a soft smile.

"I don't care about the place as long as I'm with you Devil." She admitted, her expressions softening.

He held her eyes, tucking her hair behind her ear as always. "But I want to spoil you. You deserve to get your candlelight dinner."

"My teenage self will be on cloud nine if she knew this." Akshara laughed. "But hey, what do you mean by 'our first official date?' You never took me out on an unofficial date before." She complained.