Chapter 46 - Reconciliations

As it's her son's and granddaughter's first day at home in years, Swarna, unable to contain her joy, prepared a grand breakfast feast. While the family gathered around the breakfast table, the delightful aroma of freshly brewed coffee blended with the tempting scents of pancakes, creating a warm atmosphere.

Laughter and the clinking of utensils created a lively symphony as Goenkas shared stories of their old days—mostly teasing Kartik or reminiscing Akshu's childhood. Manish Goenka who was silently observing his kids being pampered by his family with a calm yet peaceful expression, briefly interrupted them to share his plans.

"I've decided to arrange a pooja and make donations in the names of Kartik and Akshu, as they're back home after a long time. I wish to offer prayers and seek divine blessings to keep our family happy together." He explained, a tinge of regret in his tone.

He looked at them, traveling his gaze on them before stopping on Akshara. "Moreover, I wanted to properly thank Birlas for taking care of Akshara when we couldn't." Akshara's mouth parted in a pleasant surprise, but it soon morphed into a frown as her BadePapa lowered his eyes guilty.

Meanwhile, Kartik arched a brow at the familiar surname. He was familiar with the Birlas, a respected family in Udaipur, held in similar esteem as his own. Vague recollections surfaced of his father's longstanding business ties with them. Though unsure if they still collaborated, Kartik assumed they maintained a good relationship. His musings, however, were interrupted by his daughter, who approached his father from behind, offering him a reassuring hug and a gentle pout.

"BadePapa, I already told you to not to worry. It's Parth Bhaiya's wedding, and I would have been there if not for these unforeseen circumstances," she comforted him, kneeling beside.

"I asked you to let go of your guilt BadePapa toward me. You didn't even know that I was your granddaughter until a week ago."

"I know you've a heart of gold Akshu, but I still did a big mistake by rejecting you that day. I won't ever forgive myself for that." He confessed. Seeing her frown, he continued, "But I'll try to make it up for you by never rejecting anything you want." He promised, and she chuckled nodding, before hugging him.

"I have one more promise to keep as well," he murmured as they broke apart, his gaze falling on his son. As they exchanged meaningful looks, Akshara wondered if something had happened between them during her time by the lakeside last night. Her sole wish was for them to open their hearts to each other. Years of separation and unhealed wounds needed addressing for true healing to take place.

Shaking her head, she returned her attention to her BadePapa again, a request leaving her lips. "BadePapa? If you don't mind, can I suggest something?"

"I just said anything for you. Share whatever you've in mind Baccha, I'll comply. No questions asked." He replied fondly. She smiled sweetly.

"I was thinking, can we consider donating to an orphanage instead of the temple?" she suggested, her voice gradually softening. "It's believed that God's love radiates through the smiles and laughter of children, unveiling the purest form of joy. Providing them food and gifts might be the most meaningful donation we can offer to God."

As his family member's eyes widened slightly at his princess's words, Kartik Goenka couldn't help but feel a surge of pride and affection for his daughter. He's raised his girl like his Naira, a heart as compassionate as hers, a soul, as righteous as hers. In that moment, he stood as the proudest father.