Chapter 42 - A heartwarming reunion

Goenka and Birla families stood in the hallway, impatiently and anxiously waiting for Dr.Anandwardhan Birla to come out of the ward. Abhi had informed the families few minutes after Akshara was taken in, and they rushed to the hospital as soon as possible, with their heart in throat.

Suhasini and Swarna were inconsolable, both of them weeping from the moment they came. Manish's eyes were glossy with tears as he stood a bit away from the family, head lowered in shame and guilt. Akilesh was standing by his side, silently consoling him. Neil and Nishta were equally worried as they've grown attached to Akshara so much, while Manjiri wiped her tears and placed a hand on a silent Abhi's shoulder.

He didn't even look up when they arrived, his shoulders were slumped, balled fists, eyes casted down, with unshed tears. She got the answer to her doubts then, as soon as she saw her Abhi's state : Her son was in love. Deeply, irrevocably, irreversibly in love with Akshara.

She knew her son way too much to not realise it. Her Abhi was a tiger who wouldn't flatter against anything, who wouldn't bat a lash while cutting someone open. He was never so vulnerable, hopeless and hurt unless it's about his family,—mainly her. And today, her same rock, her anchor was slumped in a hospital chair for a girl. His love. His Akshara.

Her hand curled on his shoulder blade as she bit her lip to not cry aloud. As a mother, she's always wanted him to find a girl for him, fall in love and marry her. And she was truly the happiest to know that her son found such a gem of a girl for their family. Akshara, in all ways, was perfect for Abhi and their family, she already considered her as her daughter. However, she didn't think she'd learn about it in such situation, where Akshara was lying on a hospital bed and Abhi was holding by a thread.

Suddenly, the door opened, making all heads snap up at his direction as Abhimanyu jumped on his feet and assaulted Anand about Akshara's health. "Tauji, how is Akshu!? Is she breathing well? Is she conscious? Is she—"

"Abhimanyu." Anand interrupted his blabber. "One question at time, son. And yes Akshara is alright now. She's still unconscious but she'll wake up very soon."

A collective sigh of relief left their mouths, Manjiri, Swarna and Suhasini thanked their respective gods. Abhi let out the breath he was holding, his fists closing on his Mahadev locket as he blinked his eyes to get rid of the moistness. His heart thudded hardly in his chest, blood pumping in his veins and he felt immensely relived and grateful to his Mahadev for protecting his life.

"But Abhi..." Anand's wary tone caught his attention. "Passing out during panic attacks is extremely rare and definitely not good." He nodded, shuddering at the memory of her suffering from her panic attack in his arms.

He nodded gulping. "She's a history, Tauji. She'd one before, but it's the first time I'm witnessing such a severe attack." Anand nodded solemnly as Goenka family looked down in guilt and worry.

"It's not the first time." A cracked voiced added amd all heads snapped to see Manish Goenka leaning off the wall. He wiped the moist of his eyes and stared at Abhimanyu and Anand. "She's barely five when she got her first panic attack. It's after Naira's, her Mumma's demise." He sighed heavily, his heart breaking at the memory of his little grand daughter's state. "She blacked out during that time." Abhi shut his eyes tight, his soul was being ripped apart at the mere thought of what his girl went through as a kid. He felt the sudden need to see her, to take her in his arms and protect her from every hurt and pain she went through in his absence, even though he couldn't take away the source of her pain.

He wanted nothing more than to rush into her ward but his Tauji nodded towards Akshara's BadePapa and him, to accompany him to his cabine. He complied reluctantly as his heart yearned to see her, yet as doctor, he knew that a patient's details were confidential.