Chapter 50 - Standing by love

Subject: Acceptance of Internship Offer

Dear Emily, 

I am writing to express my sincere gratitude for offering me the internship position at your company. After careful consideration, I am thrilled to accept your offer and am eager to contribute to the team.

I am confident that this internship will provide me with valuable insights and skills that will help me grow both personally and professionally.

I am looking forward to begin this journey and contributing to Sierra's success.

Warm regards,
Akshara Goenka

***——***

Her fingers hovered over the keyboard as she hesitated, the soft glow of the laptop illuminating her dark and cluttered room. As she stared at the screen, each word felt like a weight upon her shoulders, burdened by the unsettling feeling that lingered within her.

She understood that her thoughts might seem irrational, especially after that Abhi's heartfelt confession had swept away her fears. She trusted him with her life, believed in the strength of their relationship, and knew they could weather any storm together. Yet, despite her rationality, a selfish part of her yearned to cling to the irrationality of her desires.

Abhimanyu Birla embodied everything she craved, and she refused to compromise even a fragment of his essence. She wanted everything that is Abhimanyu. All her life, she'd to sacrifice someone to get someone. When her mumma passed away, she'd to give up her family to have her father, when she'd grown up, she'd to leave her papa for her family. But with Abhi, she found solace and stability. For as long as she's known him, he's the constant rock in her tumultuous world.

Why should she give him up for anything else? Why couldn't she have it all for once? The best like the worst? The thought of spending six months apart from him and their families seemed unbearable. Everything felt right now, as if life was finally granting her everything she'd been deprived of, and longed for.

Her passion for fashion and photography burned bright, driving her ambition to succeed in her career. She was determined to pour her heart and soul into her work, ready to invest every ounce of effort, every drop of sweat, and every tear shed along the way. Yet, one thing remained crystal clear : Abhi was not a bargaining chip to be sacrificed in pursuit of her dreams.

Why couldn't he understand this? Why was he so hell bent on making her accept the damn internship!? Couldn't he see that every moment with him was precious, that she had already sacrificed too much to lose him now? Why wouldn't he trust her when she said he meant everything to her and he's worth it?

She closed her laptop and rested her arms on the table, a sigh escaping her lips as her eyes grew glossy. It had only been two days without him, yet she already felt miserable. How would she endure six months or more? He'd her in a chokehold, and he wasn't even aware of it. With a groan, she checked her phone for any messages from him.

He'd to leave to the night of their confession to assist his Tauji for an emergency in the neighborhood of Udaipur. He had sent her a voice note before leaving, and she knew he had driven all night, so she refrained from disturbing him. Yesterday, he had informed her that he had reached safely. Despite knowing that he'd left for work, she couldn't shake off the feeling of missing him terribly.

These two days were enough for her to realize that she could never bear the distance between them, be it physical or emotional. Abhi wanted her to go away for six months. The worst part was knowing that he would suffer just as much as she did. But despite everything, she couldn't even bring herself to be angry at him for feeling that way.