Chapter 27 - I may hurt you

Akshara woke up from her peaceful slumber feeling the sun light soaking her skin. A serene smile graced her face as she recalled last night's happens with Abhi. She sighed contently, happy that their misunderstanding was cleared and they reconciled. And she was even happier that she shared about her past with him, as henceforth, she felt closer to him emotionally.

She looked around her for him only to find herself in her room and his bed empty. 'He must've brought me in.'— The thought made butterflies swim in her tummy while her grin widened.

As her ears perked up at the shower running sound inside the bathroom, making up her mind, Akshara, headed to the kitchen with a skip in her steps. Humming a song to herself, she boiled water and prepared their breakfast, her mind occupied by the man inside the bathroom.

Lost in her trance, she didn't notice Abhimanyu getting out of the room, freshly showered in all black sweatpants and vest, looking absolutely ravishing. He gave her a small smile from the living room as he wiped his hair with a towel, but when she didn't acknowledge his presence, he smirked to himself and, leaving the towel, headed for the kitchen, just behind her.

"Someone seems to be daydreaming." Abhi whispered. "About me?"

Akshara's heart leaped in her throat as she let out a squeal and turned around, releasing her hold on the coffee mug she was holding. He easily caught it with a hand and steadied her with his other arm. While Akshu forgot to breath as she was face to face with the devilishly handsome devil itself.

"Good morning, Akshu!" He greeted dramatically as if he didn't scare the shit out of her.

"ABHI!!" She smacked his shoulder glaring at him. "How many times should I tell you to not sneak up on me!?"

"Dunno? Maybe 27?" He teased with a random number. Her glare hardened.

"It's not funny. I was preparing breakfast for us." Akshu muttered, unpleasant and just as she was about to turn around, her breath hitched as she noticed their close proximity.

Indeed, she was caged between his arms and the kitchen island, and she couldn't ignore his strong, crisp earthy scent that made her knees wobbly. She took a breath to calm her pounding heart before looking up at him. Abhimanyu inclined his head slightly as his eyes gleamed at the effect he had on her.

"I was right. You were daydreaming about me, Gharelu Doctor." He whisper teased as his hand, as always, came to tuck her hair strand behind her ear while her eyes closed on their own.

He trailed his finger lower, tracing her cheekbone slowly before lifting up her chin to force her eyes on him. "Weren't you?"

Akshara's mind stopped working as she was caught off guard by his enchanting eyes. She almost gasped at the intensity burning inside them, not the usual spark, something new she couldn't quite put her finger on. They were ardently blazing, with a ray of clarity and a hint of mystery. It drove her insane. In every sense of the word.

But she gulped and resisted the all-consuming fire in her. "No." She said, her tone daring.

His grip tightened on her waist, pulling her body flat against him, making her grasp his shoulders. "Really?"

"Really really." She muttered back without missing a beat and Abhi was smitten by the playful yet challenging gleam in her eyes. Yep, that was his Troublemaker, without any doubts.

"What a liar you are, Akshu..." He continued to play, "But should I remind you that you're a bad liar?"

She grinned playfully and wrapped her arms around his neck, eliciting a skip of beat from his poor heart. "Maybe. You're an attention seeker, though."