Chapter 9 - Distraction

Akshara patted the last handful of oil on her head as she was braiding her hair, her hands doing their movements automatically as she was staring at her reflection, lost. She didn't know what happened few hours back, nor why it happened. But she'd be lying if she said that she didn't feel the tension arise. The instant his hands held her waist and his eyes bored in to hers, she lost the sense of reality, drowning herself in his magnetic, magnificent, eyes.

She would've never thought that, she, Akshara Goenka, the girl who never looked twice at a boy, no matter how handsome he was, would ever lose her senses for a guy. That too, for the Devil himself. So, she was astounded by her attraction to Abhimanyu. Not that, he was making it easier, with his hot body and handsome looks.

But this. Need. To. Stop. She couldn't let herself be infatuated by Abhimanyu's charms. They shared only a flatmates bond between them and it's more than enough. She recalled why she chose, India to do her major in the first place. Being a U.S citizen, no place in the world, held fence for her. She could travel, study, work anywhere she wanted. But she deliberately chose to come to her Motherland, twenty years later, to reunite her father with her family. Her father who sacrificed all his life for her. Her father who spent his years in loneliness to offer her a better life.

Abhimanyu Birla, was an unexpected occur in her life, he pissed the hell out of her, annoyed her to no end, helped her, protected her—like in the elevator a few hours ago, but he couldn't—shouldn't distract her from her goals or dreams. She shouldn't let him come between her family and herself, knowing the fact that their worlds were different. Her life was different. Her life was in California. Her life was Fashion and Photography. A passion, she'd spent years in sweat and toil, a goal, she'd spent years building in her mind. Along with it, Kartik Goenka, was her life. The man for whom she came to India. And he'll also be the only man for whom she'll choose India all over again. So, a distraction called Abhimanyu Birla, didn't have place in her world, nor her life.

Akshara tied her hair with two scrunchies as she finished her twin braids. She stared at the mirror decisively.

Abhimanyu Birla won't distract me from my goals.

The bedroom door opened suddenly, scaring the shit out of her as she placed a hand on her pounding heart, mouth already open to scold the most annoying human-or rather Devil on earth to ever exist. However, her words died in her throat as she took in the Greek God walking straight from the holy waters of heaven.—Or, forged in the holy fire of hell, she didn't know.

Abhimanyu. Hot. Freaking. Birla. Was clad only in black joggers, the upper part of his slim, defined body naked, showing up his broad shoulders and biceps, sleek six pack abs, shaped by a V, that disappeared in the waist of his joggers. Drops of sweat glistened down his toned body as—and damn god, even his back was sexy!

"Abhimanyu Birla won't distract me from my goals."

Her mind mocked her, taunting her to no end as she snapped out of her very appealing contemplation. Locking her jaw and the bottle of oil, shut, she stood up from the vanity stool, striding her way to him, her temper, short.

Planting herself in front of him, she looked like a cute angry doll with her stripped, baby pink pyjama. Abhimanyu stopped his task of searching for his towel and he started at her, a brow raised up in question.

Akshara shot her index finger at him, making his head flip back in order to avoid her pointed finger in his eye.
"You. Mr. Devil is disguise, broke the rule no. 7. Clothes always on in the flat."