Chapter 10 - Late night shenanigans

Abhimanyu's hand messed up his locks as he heaved a sigh and dropped back on the couch. In front of him, his flatmate aka the Troublemaker, stood in her serious posture as she observed his every movement.

"I don't get it, yaar...how we becoming friends will help us take each other off our minds?" He asked. "It's not as if I'll stop scolding you in my mind." He said casually and she rolled her eyes.

"As if I'll suddenly start to praise you mentally." She retorted.

He glanced up, "Haa. I'm sure you do it anyway." He teased to which she faked puking. "You wish, Devil." He chuckled before pulling her back on the couch.

"Explain."

"Listen, this...whatever it is...won't go away just like that. So, instead of fighting with it, let's make it "normal"." Before she should continue, he cut her off.

"Normal?"

She smacked Abhi's forehead with a frown. "Our normal. Now, shut up and hear me out."

"Okay, normal. We're gonna make this normal. Go on." He murmured.

"Now, you're gonna make this abnormal, idiot." She sighed.

"Geez, fine. Go on."

She huffed before giving him a sweet smile. "Right, so, we will be buddies. And the best part of being buddies is that you can scold them, curse them, rant about them, but you're still buddies."

Abhimanyu's grin slowly pulled up the more she talked, the wheels of his brain running, indicating that he liked the idea. Akshara observed him, gauging his reaction to her words and when she saw his light grin, she smiled as well.

"So, you do like the idea."

He glanced at her. "I do, actually." Then, he frowned. "But, we barely tolerate each other in the same room, do you think we'll be able to be buddies?"

Akshara paused at his question that was hundred percent true. How can two incompatible people be buddies?

"But then again, it's our normal right? We fight, banter, throw things at each other." He trailed pensive.

"Totally. It's us." She agreed as well. "The dynamics of our relationship won't change one bit. That's why I'm telling you, this will work out. Because the whole point of this solution is to keep our distance intact."

He thought for a moment, mentally weighing the pros and cons of the newfound solution before giving a nod of approval.

"Done."

"Done?" She asked.

"Positive." She was convinced by his stern tone but just to tease him a little, she asked again.

"Pakka positive?"

He bit back a groan but answered anyway. "Yes. Done. Positive."

Akshara sighed loudly and let her tensed shoulders drop, as her serious facade morphed into her usual one. "Cool. Awesome. Fantastic."

Abhimanyu took the initiative to extend his hand first, and she joined her hand to seal their pact as both stared at each other with smiles.

"Buddies." They said at the same time. Tones clear, firm, unwavering.

"In fact, we'll do something to celebrate our friendship!" Akshara declared before her face lighted up like a kid. "And I know what we're gonna do, Abhi!"

Her new buddy frowned in confusion though. "But today isn't the friendship day"

She looked at him as if he was dumb. "It is for us! You, the Devil in Disguise and me, the Troublemaker becoming friends, is huuuuggeee, dude!" She shook her head in unbelief.