Chapter 11 - Late night Shenanigans 2

I know I took time posting and I'm sorry! I was busy all week! But I wrote a long chapter to compensate, though.

Enjoy your reading!

****

Throttles tightly gripped in hands, the kill switch set to "run", Abhimanyu pressed the clutch and shifted to the second gear of Zeus aka his baby bike. Akshara glanced up to see the traffic light showing 3. Her gaze fell on Abhimanyu again as he turned the throttles, making the motor roar and warm up against her legs. The signal was at 2 as the two others bikers raced their motors as well, eyeing them once before returning their attention back to the road again. 1. Abhi slowly began to release the clutch and brought her hand on his shoulder to his waist to ensure her safety. She held him silently as she leaned forward to meet his stare once before he pushed. In a matter of two-three minutes, the bike picked up speed, the gradually climbing up speed knocked her breath away as she unconsciously tightened her arms around his middle, the wind sending chills down her spine as she leaned more into Abhimanyu.

"Enjoying this, aren't you Troublemaker?" He questioned.

"Should I not?" She retorted with a laugh as they lost one in the race. "One out." She informed him. He laughed, "Not yet."

One bike was at the same level as them while the other struggled to catch up with them. "Don't be a scaredy cat and enjoy this." He said as he pressed the accelerator to speed up further, earning a cheerful squeal from his buddy, just as the second bike caught up with them.

"THIS IS SOOOO COOOOOLL!!!" She shouted in his ears and all he heard was the loud ringing noise of his ear, thank god, he'd a helmet.

"Are you done bursting my eardrums?" He shouted back, less loud, however.

"NOPE. NEVER! Speed up further!!" She commanded like a child and he obeyed, surpassing the 80kms as he saw a roundabout coming up.

"Weren't you nervous a while ago? And I'm gonna pour water in your sleep if you shout again." He warned quickly.

"Aww, how cruel are you? And you call yourself my buddy?" She faked offense.

"Naa, you did that remember?"
He rolled his eyes at her drama as he shifted to the third gear making the bike slightly jump.

"Won't you at least inform me before?" She complained as she adjusted her position and her hold on him.

"Where's the fun in it, Akshara?" He teased and glanced at his left to see the one bike who was with them, was having a hard time to keep the pace up as they've already surpassed the 110kms.

"Looks like you're having a hard time keeping up, bro. Maybe you should take some lessons?" Akshara taunted him.

"And you, Mister, don't play with my life. So, yes you've to prevent me before doing anything." She chided her buddy. However his gaze was fixated on the nearest construction work' large board lied on the round in front of them, he looked to his right to see the other guy and to his left. He didn't have a choice, he couldn't change sides because if he did, he'd have to slow down and catching them up after would be tough as it's a busy area.

"Hold tighter, we're gonna go bungee jumping!" Abhimanyu told her jokingly and before she could even process his words, the bike's speed escalated as he carefully turned the throttles and held the accelerator pressed while the bike climbed over board as if a ski-board on ice.

Arms around his waist in a chokehold, eyes tightly shut, Akshara buried her face in his back when the bike hovered and herself hovered over the ground, making her gasp in slight fear that gradually transformed into amazement within few seconds. The sharp breath she was holding uncontrollably left her mouth as the bike touched the road again, making her butt jump slightly up and she opened her eyes slowly, speechless.
While Abhimanyu made sure she was alright in his mirror with an eye before glancing back to see the other two bikes stuck in the road work. He grinned, victoriously before focusing back on his speechless flatmate. Making up his mind he rode a few more meters to find a right place to stop, and when he did, he pulled off at the road side and turned off the motor.