Chapter 31 - Crossing paths

It's almost five o'clock in the evening when Akshara headed back to the tent they had set up in the woods earlier, after taking a few photos for her project. Abhimanyu wasn't lying when he said that the place was a photography spot.

As promised, he took her to the nearest cultural sites in the area before venturing into the woods, after having lunch in a small street-side restaurant where he regaled her with various spicy Rajasthani dishes.

She was about to enter the tent, but stopped when she heard a faint hum of music nearby. Curious, Akshara followed the music until her gaze fell on the riverside, and on those rocks was a peacefully sleeping Abhi, his phone, from which the music was coming, resting on his chest.

 Curious, Akshara followed the music until her gaze fell on the riverside, and on those rocks was a peacefully sleeping Abhi, his phone, from which the music was coming, resting on his chest

Her lips curled up into a lovely smile as her heart melted at the breathtaking sight. Abhimanyu Birla was incredibly handsome, it wasn't new for her to be awed by his looks. But as she watched him lying serenely in the middle of the aesthetically pleasing riverside with the setting sun shining in the water, she couldn't help but wonder how was he so appealing to stare at. And he was hers.

She captured his photo in silence before placing her camera aside and took off her shoes, as she walked to the riverside, careful to not slip on a rock. She first grabbed his phone and tucked it in her side bag and tossed it on the grass.

Akshara knelt behind him and detailed his every feature, starting from his pretty thin lashes to straight nose and very kissable lips. Smiling to herself, she leaned forward, hair gathered on a shoulder, and trailed her lips from his forehead to his mouth, light as feather. She captured his lips in a slow, soft kiss and pulled away as she felt him waking up and inhaling through their connected lips.

Hazel met black as their eyes locked, and Akshara cupped Abhimanyu's face upside down. "Will you be my boyfriend, Abhi?"

Surprise crossed his gaze before turning to delight as those beautiful eyes sparkled, his face morphing into a genuine smile. Abhimanyu brought his hands up to her face, pulling her closer until their foreheads collided.

"Was that even a question?" He whispered calmly.

Akshara grinned but decided to tease him like he did with her. "Someone wanted an 'Akshu special'..." She trailed. "How was it?"

"Kiss me like that again, I'll tell you." He retorted tilting his head up.

"Uh-huh. Answer first. You didn't."

Abhi chuckled before sighing softly. "You never had to. But I loved every bit of my Akshu special proposal, and..she should know that my answer is always yes." Akshara's smile widened as she let him pull her closer to crash their lips together, in a messy, sloppy kiss as they both were smiling ear to ear.

Abhimanyu broke their kiss and pecked her nose and forehead before letting her go. He sat up facing her, his back to the river and furrowed his bows when Akshu's expression turned mischievous. Before he could even utter a word, the Troublemaker she is, pushed him back in the water making him gasp, but out of reflex, he held her hand and thus, both of them fell in the cold water with a loud splash.