chapter 14

(Melia)pov

We are back at the Alcamoth and i in a meeting with the Emperor, And that concludes my report on events in the Tomb said Alvis. So there are forces working in the shadows said Sorean, However, this is purely circumstantial. Nothing can be proven said Alvis.

Inquisitors of the Bionite Order, dedicated and devoted to the Bionis said Sorean. The order was dissolved under the rule of the Emperor Lumian, 47th successor to the throne, due to its extreme practices said Kallian.

Like puppet masters pulling the strings from the shadows, I believed their bloodline was lost to the ages said Sorean. Her Highness the First Consort is currently residing in the Tower of Investigation said Kallian.

The Ministry of Investigation's judgement should be imminent said Kallian. That may not be enough, I myself must shine a light on the truth said Sorean. Agreed said Kallian, Mother... i said, Melia said Sorean.

Your Majesty i said, You have returned unharmed from the Tomb. The forefathers have spoken said Sorean. But if it hadn't been for y/n, Shulk and the other... i said, Kallian has informed me of what happened. There is no reason to doubt your legitimacy to the throne said Sorean.

Believe in yourself, Crown Princess said Kallian. Brother... i said, Tomorrow will be the investiture ceremony. At the appointed time, you will become my successor. Be proud! said Sorean. I will! i said.

Melia, my child. I am overjoyed at how far you have come. You are truly worthy of the throne. Continue the legacy of your High Entia and Homs bloodline. you are the hope of Bionis said Sorean to himself.

(Shulk)pov

Riki and friends help save Melly. Riki very happy! said Riki, We're all relieved. But something's still bothering me said Dunban, What is it? said Sharla. Why was Melia chosen as the crown princess? asked Dunban.

Shouldn't Kallian have been the one to ascend? And her foe in the Tomb clearly opposed that decision said Dunban, you have a point said Sharla. Kallian is more than a worthy candidate, What reason could they have for choosing Melia? And why would Kallian go along with this? said Dunban.

It's a mystery said Sharla, then we heard someone walk in and we saw two soldiers there. Our apologies, His Majesty the Emperor summons you said Imperial Guard, Finally! He's gonna let us into Prison Island said Reyn.

Yeah i said, His Majesty awaits you in the Audience Chamber. He asks that you join him shortly and y/n go with you too said Imperial Guard. we head to the Audience Chamber and as we near the Audience Chamber, a Imperial Guard ask me and y/n to ahead so we did.

Me and y/n walk in and we meet the Emperor, Shulk and y/n. Forgive for detaining you earlier, You and i are not of the same people. But this i must say. Thank you for helping Melia Antiqua, my daughter, It was no small feat said Sorean.

Not at all. I too must apologise for meddling in your customs. We should not have interfered i said. She is a lucky girl, to have met such unselfish people, in the times to come, a ruler will need support from individuals like both of you. I hear you seek the Mechon said Sorean.

Yes. The Mechon devastated our homes, and we lost many loved ones i said. Revenge is your goal? asked Sorean, It is i said, you are honest said Sorean, I do not want to hide our true intentions, Our very existence is at stake i said.

Unwavering too, Shulk you are the master of the Monado. But there is something that must be said said Sorean. What is it? i asked, Long before our forefathers built this empire... Two titans - the Bionis and the Mechonis - fought a vicious battle said Sorean.

Is this known among Homs? ask Sorean, Yes, it is told to us as children i said. I think i heard about this said y/n. really y/n? i ask, yes because when my kin was born and somehow but i don't know why said y/n.