chapter 17

(Melia)pov

I am in the Audience Chamber and i hear Kallian talking, And finally, Crown Princess Melia's accession will take place one year from today. Until such time, as decreed by the crown princess, I shall assume imperial duties as regent said Kallian.

If there is anyone who objects to said decision, state your grievances now said Kallian. All the ministries are unanimous. We have no objection to Her Majesty's decree said Lorithia. To each and every one of you, our thanks said Kallian.

If i may, Your Highness. I would like to propose a round-table discussion on strategy concerning the Mechon said Lorithia. Ah, what to do about the Mechon. Our defences must be shored up immediately said Kallian.

Not only our defences, Your Highness said Lorithia. Do you suggest an offensive approach? While the capital still licks its wounds? said Kallian. The Ministry of Research has the ideal solution said Lorithia.

(Meanwhile)

Friends act strange. Are friends sad? Riki sad too because if empty belly said Riki. Riki, we already ate, Us Homs don't get upset just because we're hungry said Reyn. Not hungry?  Hom Hom must have small bellies . Riki jealous! said Riki.

Riki... he wasn't talking about food said y/n, oh said Riki. We've got to get our minds off this somehow, Dunban's locked himself away ever since we came back said Sharla. Is it because of the girl who was operating that Mechon? i said as i walk in.

Melia. How are you? asked Shulk, What do you mean? If you are talking about Father, I'm fine. I have no choice but to look to the future i said. You're stronger than me, Melia said Shulk. Do not mock me i said.

More importantly, it is time you tell me who she is i asked. We've known her all our lives, we thought she was killed in Colony 9 said Shulk. She didn't even recognise us, She's not the Fiora I remember said Reyn.

It looked a lot like Fiora. But if it was her... Then I can't imagine how Dunban feels said Shulk as he walks out of the room. What did he mean? asked Sharla, Fiora is Dunban's sister said Reyn, I didn't know! said Sharla.

Is this Fiora... Important to Shulk? i asked, Important?! She's more than important! She's the reason we're out here! said Reyn. Well i only know a little about her said y/n, oh i said.

As Shulk was walking and to find Dunban, he found Dunban outside. I've been looking for you. So this is where you were said Shulk. Shulk? Apologies. was everyone worried? asked Dunban, Of course. Me especially said Shulk.

It's just... I've been thinking about Fiora, and I can't help wondering... said Shulk. Wondering what? asked Dunban, You saw how Fiora acted. It was like she didn't even recognise us said Shulk.

Yes. It's unsettling. But Shulk, Don't get me wrong. I'm not sad. Even if she doesn't recognise me, I'm glad to know she's alive said Dunban. Dunban... said Shulk, You see, Fiora was born many years after me. And not long afterwards, we lost our father to a Mechon said Dunban.

It was left to protect and raise her. Almost like a father said Dunban. I was always jealous that she had you as her brother said Shulk. Ah yes. You and Fiora used to be inseparable said Dunban, Yeah said Shulk.

I need to tell you something, I always thought, if Fiora were to be with anyone, it should be you said Dunban. What? But Reyn hangs out with her just as much as me said Shulk, Yeah, he does. But Fiora doesn't like him in that way said Dunban.

Oh, I see said Shulk, He's a nice guy. Reminds me of myself when I was his age, all reckless and hot-headed. Probably why he's not right for her. Listen, Shulk said Shulk. Yes? said Shulk, A lost life can never be returned. But she's alive. It doesn't matter that she's lost her memory said Dunban.