chapter 29

(Reyn)pov

So you were unable to stop Egil said Linada, Sorry, Father. I have failed you said Vanea, Vanea, there's no need to apologise said Linada as Miqol just sighs. So what do we do now? asked Dickson.

At this rate, that blasted Egil's gonna destroy Bionis said Dickson, Alvis, what happened to the allied force? asked Shulk. I informed His Highness of the possibility that the Mechonis would awaken said Alvis.

His Highness is wise. He will have acted to minimise casualties said Alvis, That good said Shulk. Brother... said Vanea, There is still time said Fiora/Meyneth. Fiora? No, you're...? asked Shulk, So it is her... said Alvis to himself.

The Mechonis and I exist as one. Egil is using ether energy absorbed from the Bionis to force it to move. There is still time before the Mechonis fully adapt to the ether said Fiora/Meyneth. Egil is at the core of the Mechonis, He will be controlling the Mechonis from there said Vanea.

Only by destroying the core will you be able to stop the Mechonis said Vanea, But how are we to get there? The Mechonis capital is destroyed said Dunban. Father, how much remaining energy does Junks have? asked Vanea.

Don't worry. I made sure to fill her up said Miqol, On the back of the Mechonis is a huge cooling duct. We should be small enough to enter the control core section via the duct's heat transfer conduits said Vanea.

Junks can take us as far as the duct said Vanea, You have our gratitude. We must go there at once said Dunban, Then let's get a move on. This one's for Gadolt i said. Hear, hear said Dunban, Too right! said Sharla.

Gadolt's wishes live on through me. We will fight to the end said Sharla as we were talking to each other. So that's where you've been hiding, Then I guess it's almost time to finish this said Dickson to himself as Alvis know what Dickson thinking. 

we walk outside of Junks, When you are ready to depart for the Mechonis, let my father know. I will prepare the vessel said Vanea. Understood said Shulk, Oi! Look at that! what the?! i said as we saw Mechonis started to move more.

There is little time left. We must stop Egil this time. It is in your hands, Shulk said Vanea. I know said Shulk as we head the shop to get everything we need and head back in Junks, we talk to Miqol and we head for the core.

Meanwhile outside of Junks, Vanea? asked Fiora. I am sorry. For lady Meyneth's will to be realised, I had no choice but to use your body. Even so... said Vanea. Actually, I'm grateful. Thanks to this body, I got to see Shulk and the others again said Fiora.

Where is Lady Meyneth now? asked Vanea, Shall I call her? She is usually asleep. Maybe she just doesn't want to disturb me. It's an unusual feeling... Two hearts in one body. It's not every day you get to experience something like this said Fiora.

I see. That is a great relief said Vanea, It's as if I can see into her heart. We each know what the other's thinking. But it's strange. It feels like there's a part of my heart that's hidden. It's the part that holds Meyneth's feeling, and I can't see them said Fiora.

Maybe it's only natural. Everyone has one or two secrets, right? But I know how much she cares about this world. That's why I'm happy to let her use my body said Fiora, Fiora, I think lady Meyneth is glad that she met you said Vanea.

Yeah, I know said Fiora.

(Sharla)pov

Alvis and Dickson walk in where we are, Shulk, good news from His Highness. The allied force retreated in time. Casualties were kept to a minimum said Alvis. Glad to hear it said Shulk, That's great news i said.

All areas are being prepared for evacuation. We can only hope they make it said Alvis, We won't let'em down. This is one fight we can't afford to lose said Reyn, Heropon Riki all set! Riki bounce some heads! said Riki.