chapter 43 final

(time-skip, have to skip the cave part and you got Tentoo with you , also you know about Helmaline)

(Melia)pov

We got the ether crystal and walked back to Radzam, So now all we need to do is, modify the weapon to incorporate the crystals? i asked. Mhm said Shulk as Helmaline show up, Radzam, sir! Fogbeasts have broken through the gates! said Helmaline.

They're through?! said Radzam, If only they'd waited a few hours! Shulk, defending Gran Dell is our priority! Follow me! i said. Right! said Shulk, we shall deal with the intruders and you get the villagers to safety i said.

OK said Radzam, Teelan, you stay put i said, Gotcha said Teelan as we head for the gate. As we are almost near the gate and we saw Tyrea and some soldiers keep some of the Fogbeasts at bay, We're here to help i said.

This rabble won't stand a chance, not against the big one, We'll keep the small fry off your back said Tyrea. All right i said as Tyrea helped the soldiers, You go no further! Yeah! said Shulk. Plead for life is no use! Kino make you full of holes! said Kino.

And Nene teaches you better manners! said Nene, you think you can beat us... Think again said y/n as we started fighting it and y/n held his ground as the Fogbeast attacked him. we all attack we can and i call out, y/n now i shouted.

y/n started to lift the beast and then he slammed the beast to the ground, seal the gates! i said. We beat them this time, but the numbers are against us, I hate to say it, but if you'd already left when the attack happened, we'd be smoke said Tyrea.

Fog King! must go! Down with Fog King! said Kino, Situation is tough said Nene. Hmm... i said as i was thinking, ...Melia? asked Shulk, I'll do it, I will bring the Companions back to lend you aid i said.

They won't agree! you know they despise us! said Radzam, They must see the danger. They will understand what needs to be done i said. Yea, as soldiers of the High Entia, they know it's their  solemn duty i said.

Hrm... said Radzam, Heh...said Tyrea. I swear it. I will bring them back with me, please... Trust me, Radzam i said. I'll be right here, Trusting and waiting said Radzam. Tyrea... i said, Yeah yeah. Hurry up and go said Tyrea, But i haven't even... i said Melia.

'Defend this place until i return.' Those are your orders, right? Thought we're short-handed as it is... said Tyrea. Will you be OK? i asked, Just go before I change my mind said Tyrea. Thank you. we'll be quick i said. 

Movement! Multiple big'uns confirmed! shout Gran Dell Militia, Impossible! More already?! ...If the rift grows any wider than it is now, Gran Dell is lost. We must hurry .Come, follow me! i said, You head straight for the Cape! said Tyrea.

What are you saying?! This will take all of us! i said, I know exactly what my orders are here. I hope I don't have to remind you what yours are said Tyrea, But that's...! i said, You said it yourself, If the rift grows any wider, there's no way we'll be able to hold this place alone anyway said Tyrea.

This is our last chance to enlist the Companions' aid said Tyrea, Tyrea... i said. Radzam is trusting you with this, Now you put your trust in me said Tyrea as i nod. I will stay here to help them said y/n.

Alright and be safe i said, i will Melia said y/n as he kisses me. Come on, we make for the Companions' Cape! i said as we ran out of the gate.

(Shulk)pov

As we ran for a while and we saw the Companion being attacked, Maxis! We're sitting ducks here! said Companion-at-Arms. I'm aware! Damn... where did these things come from?! said Maxis.

As one of the Fogbeast about to attack but Melia launch a lighting art and finish it off, Guh-! What the-?! said Maxis. Maxis! Fall back, now! said Melia, You lot...? What are you...? asked Maxis as the Fogbeast started to attack us.