Chapter 26 Old Friends

We arrived in Outworld, and I saw Kotal sitting on the throne confronting the Kollector. We all ran up and Kotal got up.

Kotal: Y/N Kahn you have return.

Dad and Mom: Kahn!?

"Long story. Kotal, we got a problem."

Kotal: Wait? Lui Kang, Kung Lao, ...Jade.

Jade: Kotal?

We all then felt another earthquake begin to erupt around the Coliseums. The stone statues bearing me and Mileena crumble. Another sandstorm has erupted in the coliseum, sending the crowd and even some soldiers into a panic. Kotal is distracted by the spectacle, but Kollector keeps calm. He notices that one of the soldiers pinning him in place has taken his grip off the pole he was holding. Without hesitation, Kollector seizes the chance given to him. He ducks low and swipes to his left, both unbalancing the other soldiers and striking them with their own poles. They are all sent sprawling to the ground. Kollector focuses on one of them and impales the poor man straight through the chest with one of the sharpened poles. As the soldier screams in agony, Kollector pivots the pole upwards, dragging the soldier down it and right into Kollector's hands. Grinning sadistically, Kollector takes the keys to the neck brace from the soldier's belt and undoes the lock keeping the brace together. He shakes it off as the now-dead soldier crumples to the ground, still impaled on the pole. Several tornadoes have sprouted up in the Coliseum, and much like they did in NetherRealm, they dispel people from them: the blood mage Skarlet, a younger Erron Black, the savage Tarkatan known as Baraka, a young and bald-shaven Kano, the Tarkatan woman Mileena, the young loyal boy Y/N L/N and most tellingly, Outworld's previous Emperor - Shao Kahn. But the remaining tornadoes in the Coliseum bring forth other people instead - Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, Jade and BF/N, and out of the final tornado steps Raiden - not his dark counterpart, but the Raiden of yesteryear, who summons his signature blue lightning as the tornado dies down. The tornadoes have also brought in numerous Outworld soldiers - loyal minions of Shao Kahn, who stand close by their Emperor. For long moments, the crowd remains silent, taking in the spectacle before them. I look around as well, pausing to note that the statues that once bore my family have now been replaced by those of Shao Kahn. I approach the new arrivals.

"Raiden? Shao Kahn?"

Shao Kahn: Y/N?

Past BF/N: Wait Y/N!?

"It's Y/N Kahn."

Past BF/N: What?

Shao Kahn: Kahn? You pretend to my throne!

Mileena came beside me and held my hand.

Mileena: It is his by right and deed. I married him and he ruled alongside me.

Mom and Dad: WHAT!?

Past Raiden: We were at the Mortal Kombat tournament. Kung Lao just beat Shang Tsung and Quan Chi.

Kotal: We're decades from those events!

Past Raiden: For us, they happened only moments ago.

Shao Kahn: What game are you playing, Raiden? What magic powers this delusion?

Past Raiden: If it is a delusion, it is one we all share. Is it possible that the past and future are colliding?

I looked and saw my past self with my parents' weapon.

"Oh no."

Liu Kang: What is it?

"It's my past self."

My past self walked up to me, and we stared at each other until he took off his hood and mask.

Past BF/N: Y/N!?

"Wait? Mom, Dad where did you two come from?"

Past Y/N: Mom? Dad?

Mom: After we told you the story of Outworld we were then transported here.

"I-"

Shao Kahn: Enough! Vacate my throne or I'll soak these sands with your blood!

Shao Kahn summoned his hammer and charged at me. I dodged every attack as my parents tried to break up the fighting with no use. My wife Mileena joined in helping me fight Shao Kahn until past Mileena tackled Mileena.

Past Mileena: You betray father!

Mileena: He was never my father!

Cole wanted to come over, but I told him to stay back. I tackled Shao Kahn, and he threw me off when Past and present Lui Kang came to my aid. I got up and past Raiden assisted as well. I was about to attack Shao Kahn when my past self-tackled me. I got up and we circled each other.

Past Y/N: You dare betray the Emperor Shao Kahn!?

"We don't have to follow in our parent's footsteps. I created my own and look where it got me. Soon you will understand."

We fought each other but my past self-had my parent's sword and he used it against me and was about to kill me when Past BF/N tackled him. I got close to him, and I used part of my power to touch his forehead showing him my memories. Afterwards he dropped to his knees, and he realized his mistakes. He got up and aided the two Liu Kang's and Raiden by attacking Shao Kahn. Mileena convinced her past self to change sides and we attacked Shao Kahn.

Mom: Son! Here!

My mom tossed me my blood sword and I attacked Shao Kahn with it. I used a beam on him to send him to the ground. He got up and try throwing a spear, but I hit it aside and he kicked me to the ground, and he jumped up with his hammer, but I teleported away and attacked him from behind. Mileena jumped on him but was thrown off. Past Mileena threw her Sai at him causing him to drop his hammer and I used the beam to send him to the ground once more.

"It's time I correct my mistakes."

I walked towards him and was about to kill him when a plague of insect's swarms into the Koliseum. We look into the sky and realize at once who it is.

Kotal: D'Vorah.

The insects swarm around me, forcing me to shield my face. Across the Koliseum, the insects have swarmed every other kombatant as well, incapacitating all of them. As Shao Kahn rises to his knees, a sand portal opens behind him. He turns to find the Kytinn herself emerging from the portal.

D'vorah: Shao Kahn! To me!

Without hesitation, Shao Kahn runs into the portal. Skarlet, Kano, the younger Erron Black, Baraka and Kollector all follow right after him. D'Vorah pauses only long enough to hiss contemptuously at me, Mileena and Kotal before stepping into the sand portal, which closes after her.

"That was intense."

I saw Cole running and I picked him up and hugged him. I looked at him and saw his Tarkatan teeth. We all grouped up and before we could do anything something kicked me in the jaw.

"OW! My jaw!"

Mileena: Show yourself!

That's when I see a black fire go up in the air and to my shock, I see him.

Dark Y/N: Recognize me Y/N?