Chapter 36 Raiden vs Dark Raiden

Kharon's flagships have almost reached land. Waiting for them is the Netherrealm army, and the Oni demons roar in anticipation and charge the shoreline. The ships continue forward, not decelerating in the slightest.

Kharon: BRACE FOR IMPACT!

The flagship touches down on the shore without issue. A boarding plank is lowered as the Netherrealm army reaches the ships. Before the demons can climb up it, Sub-Zero slides down, using his ice powers to freeze the ground beneath him and the demons below him. He lands on the shoreline and uses an ice axe to chop a frozen demon into shattered remains, then immediately decapitates another one. Scorpion teleports from the ship deck in a burst of flame, coming out in the midst of the army, sending several Oni into the air in flames. He punches down one Oni, then rips the heart out of another. Eventually more and more Oni start to come. Ten Oni's tackle BF/N and BF/N while another one tackles Jax. Jax hits the Oni on its head.

BF/N: There's too many of them!

Suddenly the sky cracks open and a red beam comes down from the crack in the sky knocking back nearby Oni's. A red lighting comes towards us killing any Oni in its path. The red lighting kills the Oni's on BF/N and past BF/N. They get up and look and the red beam fades and they see The Elder God Dark Y/N along with the other Elder Gods. We all get up in shock and BF/N laughs.

BF/N: Haha! You guys are so screwed now!

Dark Y/N: Bring Me Kronika!

Dark Y/N and the Elder all run in and Dark Y/N jumps in the air hitting the ground sending out a red shockwave. Dark Y/N looks up and sees Kronika and Cetrion. Both Kronika and Cetrion look upon at the battlefield as they see Dark Y/N and the Elder Gods. Kronika is wide eyed and more perplexed than we have ever seen her before.

Kronika: Out of desperation comes invention. I had not thought it possible for them to surprise me... Our success is no longer certain. We must make haste.

They walk back to the hourglass and begin manipulating the sands once again while Y/N along with everyone else charges to battle Kronika.

Y/N POV:

We all were running towards the keep when we were stopped by a person in a dark warrior dressed in black robes and dark armor.

???: Stop.

Raiden: Who are you?

The person looks up at Raiden and it's Dark Raiden.

Raiden: By the Elder Gods... Why are you helping Kronika?

Dark Raiden: Kronika promises me that she'll separate Earthrealm from all other realms... Earthrealm will be safe forever.

Raiden and Dark Raiden circle each other and Raiden looks at what he has become.

Raiden: You have been manipulated by Kronika!

Dark Raiden and Raiden get into a fighting stance, and they rush each other, and Raiden grabs Dark Raiden and throws him. Dark Raiden gets up and flies at Raiden tackling him. Raiden shoots a lightning bolt at Dark Raiden, and he goes flying.

Raiden: GO! Stop Kronika!

We nodded and we all ran off to stop Kronika....

3rd POV:

Dark Raiden and Raiden are equally matched and Dark Raiden grabs Raiden by the neck and throws him against a wall. Raiden gets up only to get hit with red lighting by Dar Raiden. Raiden shoots his own lighting at Dark Raiden, and he goes flying. Raiden rushes him with a flying kick, but Dark Raiden grabs him and throws him. He gets up and they rush each other until Raiden teleports behind Dark Raiden and shoots him in the back with a lighting ball knocking him to the ground. Raiden brings out a lighting blade and jumps in the air attempting to kill Dark Raiden but Dark Raiden teleports away and Raiden hits the ground. Dark Raiden shoots a lightning bolt making him go through a wall. Raiden gets up and Dark Raiden tries to tackle Raiden, but he grabs Dark Raiden and throws him to the ground. Raiden gets on top and starts to punch him in the face until he gets launched off. Dark Raiden gets up and teleports around him punching and kicking him. Raiden grabs Dark Raiden and throws him into a wall. Raiden rushes Dark Raiden until Dark Raiden shoots a lightning bolt at Raiden. Raiden gets up and Dark Raiden walks towards him.

Dark Raiden: Of all the people I thought you would understand!

Raiden: Did she tell you what will happen to us? Should Earthrealm be safe? I tell you Kronika intends to rewind time to bring back Shinnok.

Dark Raiden: Impossible.

Raiden: I show you.

Raiden touches Dark Raiden forehead, and he sees all the timelines where he and Lui Kang fought, and he looks down and he looks at his past self and they nod. They teleport to the others to fight Kronika...