Chapter 29 The Hive

We were riding to the wastelands of Outworld, a barren desert filled with nothing but rocks, sand and dead trees. We were riding to D'Vorah hive to confront her about where to find Shao Kahn.

Jade: I remember when we could ride like this alone.

Kotal: My life has changed when I was Outworld's Kahn. Thankfully, you have not.

Jade: You haven't changed much either, despite the years. You're still the same noble warrior I met in Shao Kahn's court. And now you're Y/N's and Mileena's right hand man. I'm surprised no woman has claimed your bed and become your lover.

A rare smile adorns Kotal's lips as he snorts in amusement.

"Huh, Kotal smiling we never thought we'll see the day."

Kotal: Silence Kahn. I'm catching up.

Mileena: And he's back.

The scouting party continues on their trek through the desert. They have now reached an area where unnatural looking stalagmites reaching dozens of feet high are littered across the landscape. The party draws to a halt and all the scouts dismount along with the four of us. Jade looks to one side and points her finger toward the ground.

Jade: There are fresh tracks leading into the Hive. If Shao Kahn's in there, he'll be difficult to find. The tunnels are endless.

"We could get lost in there."

Kotal: Let's smoke them out.

Mileena: Kotal? What did the three of us talk about when Y/N became Kahn?

Kotal: I know what you said but-

There was a sudden thunder in the ground below interrupting our argument. The horses are immediately spooked by the noise and vibrations and take off running in every direction away from them. Insect creatures that somewhat resemble an Earthrealm spider (but with their size increased to almost that of a human) emerge from the ground. Kotal draws out his macuahitl blade as Jade gets into a fighting stance as me and Mileena pull out our weapons. One of the creatures grabs Jade dragging her down.

"Kotal! Go get her! We got this!'

Kotal nodded and jumped down the hole that Jade was dragged into. Mileena threw her Sai at the spider's eyes while I chopped off the legs. It fell to the ground, and we jumped down the hole and we saw D'Vorah.

Mileena: D'Vorah.

Kotal Kahn: You will bleed for your betrayal, D'Vorah.

D'vorah: This One acts only for the Hive's survival.

With a motion, her four stingers emerge from her back. She charges and swings them at Kotal, who repeatedly fends them off with his sickles. After several parries though, one of the stingers gets through his defenses and impales him through his right shoulder. Kotal sinks to his knees in pain as D'Vorah yanks the stinger back out. With Kotal weakened from the poison in her stingers, D'Vorah walks up to him and caresses his face in her hands. Kotal struggles as tiny maggots begin to emerge from D'Vorah's mouth in the hundreds, covering his face. Kotal tries to scream but is unable to do more than gurgle as the maggot's crawl over and into his mouth. I tackled D'Vorah and I fought her, and I chopped off one of her stingers. She lets out a scream and I make her trip.

"Now where's Shao Kahn!?"

D'Vorah tells us of a Tarkatan base where Shao Kahn will be going, and we knocked her out and the scouts came and took her away. We went to the Tarkatan base, and we decided to get them on our side, but Kotal protested but we did it anyways.

Baraka: Freeze!

"Easy Baraka it's me."

Baraka: Y/N.

"We've come to talk not to fight."

Mileena joins and we all start to talk.

Baraka: Kotal wants us dead. He said it to my face.

"Kotal is no longer Kahn. Me and Mileena are."

Baraka: You reclaim your throne, Mileena?

Mileena: Yes, thanks to my husband's help I was able to become the ruler again.

Baraka: Y/N is your husband?

"Indeed, so please come to make a truce between all of us. You and the Tarkatan's will be welcome back to Outworld if you help us."

Baraka: No one has ever made Tarkatans such an offer. But these are your words, not his.

Mileena: We have Kotal under control. He wouldn't dare to harm you and if he does, I'll slit his throat.

Mileena offers her hand and he accepts it and Me, Mileena, Jade, Kotal as well as the Tarkatans started to head to Outworld to confront Shao Kahn.