II

CHAPTER II
————————————————————

I WEAR YOUR CLOTHES, the slight smell of you still remains on your favourite sweater that was just too small for you to wear, and so you gave it to me.

Oh Zhongli, why did we end the way we did?

I wear this sweater of yours, with close to nothing underneath, just to have the feeling of being close to you once more.

I know you won't return to me, you look so tired and unhappy.

Most would think that would be a reason we should get back together, but being in a relationship takes so much effort and emotion, which you failed to put in because you weren't emotionally available to date me.

The sight of you kills me, the thought of you happy with someone else stabs holes into my already broken heart.

The walk to my university is dreadful, knowing that I share almost every class with you makes me want to rip my hair out.

Knowing that I might never feel the same way I did while I was with you brings me little hope that someone like you is still out there.

Nobody will replace you Zhongli, and we are both equally hurting over our silly young mistakes.

Everyone around us has talked down on us, saying that young relationships will never work out.
And they were right, it didn't.

I sit down by the library and keep my bag next to me, watching those around me with music playing in my ears.

I watch those around me blossom in their environment, happy smiles and small giggles fill the room very quickly.

Zhongli walks past me, his mouth forming a slight frown very quickly, which is followed by his dropped expression too.

I can't bring myself to talk to him about what we could've been, all I can assume is that we just aren't meant to be.

I feel my phone vibrate and I pick it up, a smile covering my face as I see that Scaramouche had messaged me.

————————————————————
Scaramouche

HIM
that e-sex was so wild that we shut down silicon valley babe

ME
LMFAOOO I CANNOT FUCKING BREATHE

I do not react,
only a slight smile tugging at my lips.

HIM
i'm so good at what i do

ME
I mean you can sext quite well I won't lie
You kept me up basically all night

HIM
imagine how i feel, i have a project to present and i didn't practice for shit

ME
Oh shit
Are you going to pass??

HIM
no doubt
too good at what i do

ME
Oh really now?

HIM
are you fucking initiating another sext

ME
Maybe you're the delusional one

————————————————————

Scaramouche and I got along quite well last night, maybe a bit too well...
Moving on though, he has kinda taken my mind off being broken up with only three weeks ago.

Hu Tao, a girl with more energy than a golden retriever came up to me and started trying to inspect my phone.

"Who are you texting!" she says rather loudly.

I stare at her nervously and try to let out an awkward laugh.

"Nobody..."

"Let me see him!" she says loud enough for Zhongli to hear since he's only one table across from me.

I watch his head turn to face me, I know he's staring at me but he isn't aware that I do.

I show Hu Tao my phone, which has a picture of Scaramouche on display.

"Oh? You seem to have found yourself someone quite good-looking there," she smirks at me, giving Zhongli a side-eye.

I looked over at him, who seems to have an irk on his face but it was so easy to see through.

Behind it all there are glossy eyes and pursed lips, a hiccup of sadness can be seen very clearly through the man.

You can't show love to
someone who won't accept it.

It will never work out,
no matter how hard you try.

You could give him infinite
chances and you would still
get your heart broken the
same way it was before.

He will be worth my time,
only when I'm worth his.

————————————————————
@SCYKHS