XX

CHAPTER XX
————————————————————

I SAT BY MYSELF ON ONE OF THE MANY MOUNTAINS SURROUNDING THE HARBOUR.

Sure it was dangerous to be alone on these mountains, however, it didn't cross my mind while I made the hike.

The rock on which I sat rocked back and forth with every movement I made, but at this point, I couldn't be bothered to switch.

I sighed, hanging my head low to let the tears drop below me.

What have I gotten myself into?

There's so much happening, I don't even know what is going on anymore.

Sour from the acid hitting the back of my throat, I swallowed and let out a cry.

Deafened by my thoughts, I wasn't alert enough to know my surroundings moved and just kept still, oblivious of the figure looming behind me.

"Y/n?"

.
..
...

"Y/n? Can you hear me?" I felt a tap on my shoulder and flinched, turning quickly out of fear.

My body softened as soon as I met with him once more.

"Zhongli-" I reached out after hearing the familiar voice once more.

His body caught me and held me close, but made me face him so I could finally see his face in the little light that blared from the moon.

"Y/n, Zhongli isn't coming back." he caressed my hair softly.

"Xiao?"

"I'm here, don't worry." he didn't let go of me, even though I confused him for my past lover.

He held my hand and guided me to somewhere more comfortable within the mountains and sat me down.

"Why are you here? It's dangerous."

"I- I don't know...I needed to get out." I sobbed into his arms.

"You can't be up here by yourself...you must let me know and I'll come up with you, or at least go somewhere safer."

"I just want to get out of here Xiao, I don't want to be stuck in Liyue forever." I clenched my hands on his denim jacket.

"Then let me take you out of here...maybe you need it." he took his phone out of his pocket and dialled a number.

I didn't pay attention to the conversation, just held my head low, drowning in my thoughts.

"Let's get down to the ground and I'll take you there." he held my hand and guided me down the trail until we met the foot of the mountain.

A car arrived and he led me in, sitting next to me in the backseat.

"Where are we going?"

"Wangshu Inn."

"Where's that?"

"Close to the border of Mondstadt, just outside of Liyue harbour."

"Oh...how do you know this place?"

"I stay here, I think it will help you feel better." he put a hand on my thigh and I put my head on his shoulder.

"Care for you Y/n, even if our relationship isn't much. It's still my duty to make sure you feel alright when you're with me," he added and looked into my eyes.

I don't think anyone has cared for me this much...maybe Scaramouche...but there wasn't much he could do with the amount of time we shared physically.

WHAT IS THIS FEELING?
————————————————————
@SCYKHS