XXII

CHAPTER XXII
————————————————————

XIAO DROVE ME BACK TO THE HARBOUR, and I was in my house packing a bag to stay with him.

He sat on the couch looking at his phone, and was alerted when a knock was heard at the door.

He answered it and two familiar faces walked in, asking him questions.

I came to the lounge to meet them and was pleasantly surprised at seeing my two best friends again.

"Y/n! Where have you been?" Xingqiu ran up to me and hugged me and I let out a chuckle.

"I'm staying in Wangshu Inn for a bit...I'll be back soon," I reassured him and he looked more concerned.

"Why is Xiao here? Are you two-"

"No, he's driving me there." I shut down his ideas and he didn't seem to persist.

"What's wrong, Y/n...I thought you were better." he sat down with me and I averted eye contact.

"Things are getting rough okay? I think I'll be better." I smiled at him and rubbed his back.

"You've been like this since October, please, where is my Y/n." he frowned.

"She'll be back, don't worry." I hugged him and I got up from the couch, walking to Chongyun to give him a hug.

They both left the house soon after, and I sat on the couch next to Xiao with no recognisable expression.

"What's up?" he put a hand on my leg and I looked up at him with teary eyes.
I leaned my head against his arm and kept quiet, feeling small.

My stomach churned my swallowed tears into wine, and now I feel intoxicated.

"Would you go to Inazuma for Scaramouche?" he asked me out of the blue, and the question sat with me until I could answer.

"What do you mean?"

"If you had the opportunity, would you go to Inazuma and spend the rest of your life with Scaramouche." he looked at me and I felt pressured to answer, but I knew I had to answer truthfully.

"I...I would." I felt ashamed, looking away from him as those words that haunted me left my mouth.
Knowing that I'd leave my life behind for a man was shameful.

"And if Zhongli came back, would you go back to him?"

"No," I answered almost immediately, securing the mentality of never going back to hurt myself again.
Going back to him hurt me more every time, and I don't deserve that.

"So you'd go back to Scaramouche. You'd give up your entire life just for a man." he tried to make me think about my answer.

"He's not really gone..." I frowned and looked up at him.

"He's not really gone but you guys don't talk anymore? You have his number, his Snapchat, all of his socials and what are you to him now? Nothing. He lost interest in you." the reality of the situation began setting in, like mould on neglected furniture.

Xiao wasn't trying to be mean to me, he was trying to show me what I was crying over.
And I'm crying over a man I knew for one night but spoke to for weeks before that.

And after that night, I was nothing to him.

I WAS NOTHING TO HIM,
BUT HE WAS EVERYTHING TO ME.
————————————————————
@SCYKHS