XIII

CHAPTER XIII
————————————————————

I FELT INTOXICATED, paralysed even.

Unable to move or to escape from the position I'm in.
I was numb to the touch and unresponsive to his words.

I didn't want to be here, I didn't want to be with him right now. Yet I couldn't leave, I felt poisoned.

"Y/n...please talk to me." Zhongli sat on the floor while I lay on the couch, drowning in the water released from my eyes.

"Please Y/n...tell me what's wrong."

Everything about this is wrong! Us being friends again is wrong, us as a whole is wrong.

I choked back my sob and looked away from him.

"Do you want to be alone? I can take you home." he got up and I met eyes with him.

I was a mess, I was an utter mess and he could tell.

Every piece of me had fallen apart and I felt powerless.

"Do you want to go home Y/n?" he kneeled in front of my face and asked me.

I looked at him with desperation behind my eyes yet I couldn't find the words to express it.

"No..." I felt a hiccup bubble in my throat.

"Do you want me to stay here with you or to leave you alone while I'm in my room?"

"I...I don't know." I sobbed and felt my body collapse onto his, hugging him tightly.

I don't think all these emotions were purely from Scaramouche. I think these are all the repressed feelings I've bottled up since Zhongli and I broke up back in October.

"Then I'll stay with you here." he sat on the couch next to me, holding my body close to his while I broke down in his arms.

I felt vulnerable while I cried, yet I felt safe with him since he was a past lover of mine.

Scaramouche is the only one in my eyes now, however, he's gone and I don't even know when next I'll see him.

Though Zhongli is here too, maybe a third chance won't harm.

Everyone deserves another chance, right? It's not like he did something horrible to me which led to our break up.
He felt that he was holding me back with his issues and decided it was best to let me go.

I don't know whether I should thank him or hate him for it, regardless here I am in his arms once more.

His embrace is warm and comforting, not comparable to Scaramouche, but he's all I have right now.

"I'll take you home tomorrow morning, you need time to yourself Y/n."

"I'm fine Zhongli...I promise you." I tried to wipe the residue of my tears away.

"You're not. You need to find yourself again."

I looked at him with confusion while he glared at me, but not in an angry way.

"I'm not myself?"

"You're not yourself, you're a shell of what you used to be."

"What..? What do you mean Zhongli?" I could feel the acid on the back of my throat become harsher.

"I don't know...I take it back actually. You'll be fine my girl." he held me close to him.

With hints of confusion and comfort, I lay on his chest and shut my eyes with a slight smile.

MAYBE HE'S WORTH ANOTHER CHANCE.
————————————————————
@SCYKHS