IV

CHAPTER IV
————————————————————

ALL THREE OF US SLEPT UNTIL SUNSET, only waking up at the golden hour as the sun shone in our eyes brightly.

Chongyun had his arm thrown over me as Xingqiu's leg tied with my one, making all three of us linked together.

"I remember how we would sleep like this as kids." Chongyun chuckled as he ruffled his hair and got up.

"Should we go for sunsets at the harbour?" I offered.

The two boys loved the idea of that and raced to the kitchen to get us snacks and drinks for the walk.

All three of us ran out of the house and tried to catch the sun before we couldn't see it anymore.

I hung over the railing protecting citizens from falling into the water below them.

I took out my phone and decided to message Scaramouche and show him the sunset.

————————————————————
Scaramouche

ME
< Delivered
< Opened
Look at the sunset

HIM
very nice
look at my dick
< Delivered
< Opened

ME
Man that was a photo of your foot

HIM
did you really think i was going to send you my raw penis on this app

ME
No
And don't do that anyways
I'm with friends

HIM
you have friends...?

ME
Why do I talk to you

HIM
i don't know man i just think you're hot

ME
I have to watch the sunset with my friends, I'll talk to you in a bit?

HIM
sure
bye bye

————————————————————

Xingqiu was amazed by the beautiful sunset, except the sunset isn't the only beautiful thing in my eyes.

Not too far from us, I can see the man I hoped to have a future with, enjoying the sunset by himself.

He looked upset, staring at me longingly as I laughed and smiled with my friends.

Xingqiu took notice of this and ran off with Chongyun to go get an ice cream for him.

I groaned in annoyance as I was just ditched for ice cream, but it was not like they aren't going to come back.

In fact, I can feel them staring at me from afar.

Zhongli catches my gaze and I slowly approach him, thinking of what could happen at this moment.

"It's a particularly nice sunset today, what do you say?" he tried to lightly conversate with me.

"You always loved the sunsets, you would take me out to watch them with you." I smiled at him, holding back tears.

"I've always longed for you Y/n, I really wanted us to live the life we always imagined." he averted his gaze from me.

"Then why did we end the way we did? You broke my heart like no other." I leaned over the rails.

We both stood next to each other, I could hear his breathing pattern change from how close we were.

"I was holding you back, I saw myself slipping in my tracks and I ended up dragging you with me." he looked back at me.

I turned to face him, our bodies fairly close to each other.

"ZHONGLI, WE HAVE TO TAKE OUR LEAVE NOW."
————————————————————
@SCYKHS