XXV

CHAPTER XXV
———————————————————

IT'S THE DAY BEFORE NEW YEAR'S EVE, and both Xiao and I are getting ready to drive to the harbour.

We both had overnight bags packed, and we both planned on staying at my house for the next two days.

The car was loaded and I sat in the passenger seat next to him while he began driving.

"Excited to go back home?" he smiled at me while holding my hand.

"It's been a while, but I think it was the best for me," I admitted something that I would never have a month ago.

The thing is, a month ago I was a complete wreck and was unable to help myself unless I had the help of others.

It was shameful, but I'm glad that Xiao was able to play a part in my slow recovery.

I wouldn't say I recovered fully, but I have recovered enough to be able to function by myself.

All that's left now is for the holidays to be over and to get on with my studies.

"What are we going to do when we start going back to college again?" I ask him.

"We keep hooking up, but nobody can know." he was forward with his answer.

I nodded and looked out the window, admiring the surrounding mountains and ancient temples of Liyue.

"How are you feeling, Y/n?" he asked out of the blue, which caught me off guard.

"About tomorrow or in general?" I chuckled.

"Are you feeling better mentally, that's what I mean." he didn't look away from the road.

"You could say I am...I'm not as fragile as I used to be." I felt proud of myself.

"You're a great girl, Y/n." he squeezed my hand and smiled.

"I'm glad you gave me a chance." I leaned forward to kiss his cheek.

"You deserve it all, and you deserve someone good for you. Not Scaramouche or Zhongli," he spoke sincerely from the heart, and it was quite touching.

"Someone like you?" I joked with him and he let out a light chuckle.

"You deserve me." he was full of pride and I simply laughed it off.

"You're funny, Xiao." I rubbed my thumb against his hand.

"I'm right, Y/n." he still had a joking tone behind it all and I laughed along.

My life has revolved around this man for the last month, just like my life revolved around Zhongli's for eight months.

I still feel some form of emotion towards Scaramouche, because I believe that our story didn't end there and that there's more to come in the future.

But all I can do is focus on the man I'm currently with, and when Scaramouche comes back into my life, I'll move ahead with it from there.

Since Xiao and I aren't dating, it isn't cheating if I go back to Scaramouche right?

However that's not a thought worth my time right now, what matters most is this New Year's party.

AND WE WILL TAKE IT FROM THERE.
———————————————————
@SCYKHS