XXIX

CHAPTER XXIX
———————————————————
3 HOURS UNTIL NEW YEARS
———————————————————

SCARAMOUCHE LEFT TO MEET WITH FAMILY AND I SPENT TIME BY THE HARBOUR.

A man stood against the veranda nearby and something in my body enticed me to speak to him.

"Are you foreign?" I spoke loud enough for him and he turned his head to face me.

"Here for the party, and you?" he had vibrant orange hair.

"I'm from the area." I rested my elbows against the veranda.

"What's your name?" he asked while approaching me.

"Y/n. And you?" I smiled at him.

"Childe, nice to meet you." he smiled back.

"Where are you from, Childe?" I asked him.

"That place where everyone has cold nipples." he chuckled and I immediately knew what he was talking about.

"Snezhnaya? You're all the way from there?" I was shocked to know that people really did come all that way for a New Year's party.

"Unfortunately so, but I'm an international exchange." he shrugged it off and leaned his lower back against the veranda.

"Oh, that's pretty sick. I haven't really left Liyue because I go to the international university here." I pointed to the university building.

"And you live here, so I don't see much reason for you to leave anyway," he spoke so fluidly that it was making me slip up mentally.

"I do want to visit other places, maybe go to Inazuma." I shamefully thought of Scaramouche being the only reason I actually wanted to go there.

"It sucks there." he rolled his eyes and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"I've been told that." I sighed in defeat.

"So, are you spending the night alone?" he looked down at me and I began breaking a sweat of nervousness.

"No I'm not supposed to-" I spoke quietly and he cut me off.

"Why don't you and I stick together for now? You can be my tour guide." he nudged my side and I nodded with a smile.

• • •

"You're pretty hot, you know that?" Childe spoke while walking next to me.

My face turned red, and something about this guy was just so attractive that I couldn't actually get enough.

"I wouldn't say less about you, it's taking a lot in me to not go feral," I spoke out of impulse.

"I wouldn't complain if you did, I think I have a lot to offer." he laughed and scratched his arm to snake around my waist.

"Then why don't you show me what you have to offer." I turned to face him and he looked down at me.

"After midnight, let's go back to your house and maybe we can take it from there." our faces were close enough, but nothing happened.

"Sounds like a good idea." I smiled devilishly.

THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT A GOOD IDEA.
———————————————————
@SCYKHS

a/n

Sorry for the late chapter, it took a lot in me to write this because this shit genuinely makes me feel sick to think about, let alone write it.
I promise you it only gets worse now and I hope you feel some form of sympathy for me.