XXVII

CHAPTER XXVII
———————————————————
DECEMBER 31st
15 HOURS UNTIL NEW YEARS.
———————————————————

XIAO AND I LOCKED MY HOUSE UP AND WALKED TOWARDS THE NEW YEAR'S FESTIVAL.

On New Year's Eve, there is always a festival in the harbour before the main attraction, the party.

Xiao and I decided to part ways early so that he could meet with his friend and I could be with mine.

If the public saw us together, it could become scandalous because of our separate reputations.

At a book stall, I saw two heads of hair that were all too familiar to me and I rushed over to greet them.

"Y/n! You made it back for New Year's!" Xingqiu hugged me tightly.

"We missed you." Chongyun hugged me once it was his turn and I immediately felt at ease knowing that I was reunited with my friends again.

"What are you guys doing for the day?" I asked them both as we walked around the market.

"Well, we actually have to go soon to meet with family, but we will be back for the party. What about you?" Xingqiu spoke for both him and Chongyun.

"I don't really know yet, it's still the morning." I chuckled.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I picked it up, and to my surprise, I received a text from Scaramouche.

———————————————————
SCARAMOUCHE

HIM
hey

ME
Heyy
What's up?

HIM
you excited for new years?
you're right in the scene there because of the harbour party

ME
Haha
Guess so
Wby?

HIM
go to the harbour docks for me

ME
Why?

HIM
my friend just got there and I want you to meet him for me

ME
Okay...

———————————————————

"Actually, I think I have plans." I laughed and put my phone away.

"Then we will see you later, Y/n!" Xingqiu waved me off and walked away with Chongyun.

I walked towards the docks, not knowing who I was expecting to meet, and why the weird request after silence between us for so long.

Once I reached the lower level of the docks, I looked around cluelessly until I spotted someone familiar.

He stood there with his hands in his pockets and a smirk on his face.

I began walking slowly towards him out of confusion but picked up the pace as soon as I registered who it was.

He held his arms open for me and I pulled him into a hug the moment I got close to him.

"Scara..." I tried not to tear up while being in his arms.

I knew I told myself I wouldn't do this again, but something inside of me couldn't help myself.

"Did you miss me?" he pulled away slightly so I could see his face.

Without saying a word, I kissed him impulsively and he gave in.

"Of course I missed you." I pulled away from the kiss with a smile.

"That's my girl." he pecked my lips and held my hand as we walked up the docks back onto the surface.

HE'S BACK.
———————————————————
@SCYKHS