VI

CHAPTER VI
————————————————————

I WALK TO CAMPUS WITH MUSIC IN MY EARS, I'm looking around at the other students who are happily living their lives.

I'm still feeling unsettled from the "I love you" message I got yesterday, but I don't think it's something I should stress out over.

My schedule tells me I don't have a lesson at the moment, but I still want to go to the library and get a certain textbook to revise.

I skip through the many shelves of books, searching for the right one I need.

Footsteps come my way but I don't make the effort to see who it is, I just keep searching.

The music is consuming all of my time and thoughts, I wouldn't want anything to interrupt me.

"Y/n." there was a muffled call that I chose not to hear.

"Y/n?" the voice called out again.

I sighed and stood up to be faced with Zhongli.

He stared at me softly, paying attention to the small details on me like he used to.

"Y/n, do you want to talk? Maybe discuss yesterday?" he asked me.

I feel the want to not talk to him, but I don't think I have much of a choice since I do need the reassurance.

I nodded and followed him to the back of the library, which was a place we used to go to escape the crowds.

Nobody ever comes to these parts, only if they're looking for a certain book about poetry.

Zhongli grabbed two pillows from some nearby chairs and set them on the floor for us.

He took off his jacket and placed it on the carpeted floor beside him.

I removed my bag and turned off my music.

He leaned against the bookshelf behind him and sighed deeply, but he didn't sound like he was about to have a serious conversation.

"I still want to have a connection with you, but one that doesn't have to interrupt our personal lives, what do you think?" he asked me.

"So you want to stay friends?" I let out a chuckle.

"You could say so, for your sake I would rather not have anything intimate with you." he smiled at me.

"I don't see a problem with that." I smiled back.

"I've always liked the thought of a platonic friendship." he began.

"Platonic as in?"

"I want to give and receive affection, but in a friendly way."

"That makes sense."

"And I thought of nobody else other than you when that idea came to mind."

"You want a platonic friendship with me?" I asked him.

"I feel like it's too much to ask for, but it would be nice to experience your touch again, even though I am aware that it doesn't necessarily have to be romantic." he smiled at me.

"I don't think it's too much to ask for, I mean it would be great to still have you as a prominent figure in my life."

"Maybe we can get to know each other better through this, and we can find a better version of ourselves within." he tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear.

"I would like that." I smiled at him softly.

He brought me closer and hugged me, sighing in relief as I was in his arms.

"What are you doing this lesson?" he inquired.

"Nothing, I like being here though," I told him.

"Then we don't need to leave." he lay back with me on his chest.

I WON'T LEAVE YOU ANYWAYS.
————————————————————

@SCYKHS