XV

CHAPTER XV
————————————————————

A WEEK HAS PASSED SINCE EVERYTHING FELL ON ME AT THE SAME TIME, and I've been recovering slowly.

Scaramouche and I have been chatting, it's getting a bit slower but regardless I still have him for now.

I've been spending more time with Xingqiu and Chongyun since I felt that I had forgotten about them when Zhongli entered my life once more.

All three of us lay in Xingqiu's bed half asleep.
Well, Chongyun was already sleeping while Xingqiu held a book in his hands.

"Have you and Scaramouche been talking?" he asked me, not taking his eyes off the pages he read.

"I guess, it's been a bit slow because of school..." I sighed and turned to face him.

"He does live far away." he put his book down and turned to his side to meet my face.

"I like him, what do you think?"

"He dragged you out of that party with something more than just lust." he thought back to that night.

"He treated me so well, we didn't even spend a lot of time together but he still managed to make me feel safer than Zhongli ever did."

"He's good for you, but maybe it's the wrong time."

I frowned at his response and averted eye contact.

"Maybe you need to find someone else Y/n." he grabbed my hand and held it between us.

"But who? I don't think anyone wants to deal with the wreck I am." I teared up.

"They will come to you when it's right."

"Promise?"

"I promise you, Y/n." he smiled and kissed my hand softly.

This didn't mean anything, I know it didn't since he's a brother to me.

We share moments like this all the time, and he really is there for me.

Xingqiu helps me face the reality I blind myself to, and I need him to do it otherwise I'll live the rest of my life as a blur.

Chongyun, Xingqiu and I woke up at sunset and decided to take a walk to get rid of the tiredness in our bodies.

There was simple chatter along with the occasional laugh.

There were people trolling the harbour just like us, but to me, it felt that only the three of us actually existed.

By the verandas, there stood three tall women and Chongyun ran up to one of them.

"You've met my aunt right?" he asked me while he hugged the woman with hair like his.

"I'm Shenhe, and this is Ganyu and Keqing." she introduced herself.

"Yes I know you, I've seen you three on campus." I smiled at them.

"I'm glad, you look familiar too."

"Aren't you Zhongli's girlfriend?" Ganyu asked me, obviously unaware that we had broken up long ago.

"Not anymore, but yes I was his girlfriend." I laughed awkwardly while my chest burned.

"You guys were cute together...but it was nice meeting you Y/n." Keqing smiled.

Xingqiu and Chongyun bid their goodbyes to avoid any further talk of Zhongli.

I choked back the feeling of crying, hiding it while I walked next to the two boys.

I WAS HIS GIRLFRIEND.
————————————————————
@SCYKHS