XXI

CHAPTER XXI
————————————————————

XIAO LED ME BY MY HAND TOWARDS HIS BEDROOM IN WANGSHU IN, and I was too mentally exhausted to understand anything that was going on.

He sat me down on his bed and knelt down in front of me, holding my face and making me look at him.

My eyes were heavy, I looked as if I hadn't slept in months.

"Talk to me Y/n," he said softly.

My lip quivered and averted my gaze from him.

"I've lost- I've lost everything." I began holding back a sob.

"I lost Zhongli, I lost Scaramouche...what will I do if I lose you?" tears started falling down my cheeks.

"You have me Y/n..." he got closer to me, trying to comfort me.

"I've lost myself." my crying stopped, and the world did too.

Xiao didn't say anything, letting me continue.

"I found you and lost myself."

Where the fuck is my mind?

Where is your mind Y/n?

The threads have frayed,
and now it can't be sewn together,
only burnt off.

I fell into his arms, hugging him tightly as I let out a cry.

He embraced me and held me near, reassuring me that all would be okay.

He brought me up to his bed and he laid me down next to him, letting me cry into his chest.

He stroked my hair and made me feel safe in his arms.

Something neither Scaramouche nor Zhongli had in them to do.

My crying eventually died out, and the only sound occupying our ears was the late birds that perched on the top of the inn.

"Goodnight Y/n," he said softly and I looked up at him to meet his eyes.

"Goodnight Xiao." I attempted to smile and kissed his hand.

-

I woke up before Xiao and looked around me, remembering what took place last night.

I felt embarrassed that I cried in front of him and let him see me in such a vulnerable state.

However he was the only person there for me at the time, and I think he might have saved me from going further downhill.

He woke up and sat up next to me, registering his surroundings.

"We should get you out of your clothes from last night." he chuckled.

I looked at what I was wearing and agreed with him.

"Do you really want me to stay with you?" I asked him nervously.

"I do, I feel that you'll be safer with me rather than being alone." he sighed and held my hand.

"Why?"

"You don't seem to be alright right now...I just want to make sure you're okay." he pushed the hair from my face behind my ear.

"Thank you, Xiao...seriously." I smiled at him.

"Anything for you Y/n." he kissed me softly.

We stared at each other and simmered in the silence.

"I'll take you to Liyue today to pack a bag, and to talk to your friends."

THANK YOU XIAO.
————————————————————
@SCYKHS

A/N
The Wattpad app has been fucking out for me, so I cannot centre certain areas of text without messing up the rest of it.

Don't know if it makes sense, but I'll fix up the relevant chapters once this bug gets fixed.

Update: it got fixed