XII

CHAPTER XII
————————————————————

AFTER A SEEMINGLY SHORT DAY WITH SCARAMOUCHE I WALKED HIM DOWN TO THE DOCKS.

The walk there was silent, we were both upset over parting ways.

The docks were illuminated by lanterns and by the lights of neighbouring ships.

It was a calm night in Liyue, with no wind, and no rain.

I stared at the boat that Scaramouche was going to board in the next few minutes anxiously and held back my tears.

A large crew and some close friends of his raced around the docks to make sure everything was in order before setting sail.

"So...are you leaving now?" I faced him with a frown.

"Looks like I will soon." he came closer to me and stroked my hair with his fingers.

I felt my eyes water as I stared into his eyes.

"Scara, I don't want you to leave." I held his hand.

"I'll see you again...please don't cry, baby." he hugged me.

"I don't want to go back to classes, I don't want to see Zhongli, I don't want to face everyone I saw at that party," I tell him.

"Just wait for me...and I'll be back before you know it." he leans in closer.

"I love you Y/n," he says as he kisses my lips softly

"I love you too Scara." I let out a sob as I watched him walk towards the ship.

I kept my vision on the ship as he boarded and we met eyes when he stood on the deck against the gunnel.

My eyes were red, my lip quivered as the scarf around my neck swayed in the breeze.

Scaramouche had tears in his eyes, he was barely holding himself together as he watched me crumble at the sight of him leaving.

"I love you!" I said loud enough for him to hear.

"I love you too!" he shouted back.

I watched the ship set sail and felt the shake of my legs take over my body.

I crumbled onto the floor hopelessly as the worst pain I had ever consumed me.

"I didn't even know him! Why am I feeling like this?" I cursed at myself.

I stare at my surroundings and look up at the veranda to find a familiar face watching over me.

The feeling of repulse made me want to turn away and ignore him however it was far too late.

He walks down to the docks and stands in front of me, letting out a hand for me to grab.

I hesitate for a while as I just stare at him dumbfounded.

"Crying isn't a good look on you, let's go home."

I DON'T WANT TO GO HOME!
————————————————————
@SCYKHS