XXX

CHAPTER XXX
———————————————————
20 MINUTES UNTIL NEW YEARS
———————————————————

I MET UP WITH SCARAMOUCHE AGAIN AND WE DECIDED TO GO TO THE PARTY VENUE.

We sat outside by ourselves for a bit before going in and seeing everyone.

"What did you do while I was gone?" he smiled at me as he put an arm around my shoulder.

"I met this guy, and I just seem to attract the guys from abroad." I chuckled.

"Really? What's his name?" he asked and I didn't hesitate to tell him.

"Childe." I smiled.

Scaramouche went quiet, and through the little light, I could see an irk on his expression.

"Y/n. He's one of my mates." he sounded unimpressed.

"What?" my heart dropped.

"Yeah dude, he's one of my best friends." he was reasonably upset.

"Oh fuck, I can't just stop talking to him though?" I spoke without thinking and immediately regretted it.

"What the fuck? He's one of my friends." he took his arm away and got angrier.

"I'm sorry Scara." I apologised.

"No actually what the fuck, I told you not to go for him a month ago." he stood up and raised his voice.

"I forgot about that whole thing I'm sorry!" he reminded me of that stupid list of people not to go for when we started talking.

"Did you hook up with him?" he practically shouted at me.

"What? No!" I told him the truth, but not the entire truth.

"No this is actually so fucked, how fucking dare you?" he made me feel like shit, and I deserved it.

"I'm sorry Scara, I'll stop talking to him." I pleaded with him.

"You're not sorry for shit, you just said you didn't want to stop talking to him." he pointed out my obvious mistake.

"I promise I'll stop talking to him, please." I took his hand and he pulled it away harshly.

"Fine, let's just go to the dance floor. There's 10 minutes until New Year's."

He walked ahead and I followed him with my head spinning over what just happened.

There were hundreds of people dancing and enjoying themselves, and I just felt a sense of anxiety over the fight I just had with Scaramouche.

"Get me a drink, I'm going to go speak with a few friends." I smiled and patted his shoulder before running off to where Xingqiu was.

He and Chongyun were merged with a larger group, and that larger group included Zhongli and Xiao.

I met eyes with Xiao and he could tell something was up, but we both knew we couldn't talk because of his reputation.

"What's up?" Xingqiu asked me.

"I had this massive fight with Scaramouche because I was talking to one of his friends." I tried to laugh it off, but nothing about it was funny to me.

"Shit...I hope everything is alright." he seemed worried for me.

"Me too." I chuckled and felt a hand grab my wrist and drag me away.

I turned to face Scaramouche and he handed a drink to me angrily.

"Why the fuck is he trying to talk to me, Y/n?" he spoke over the music and my my heart was beating faster than usual.

"I don't know! I haven't even seen him since nine tonight." I fought back.

"For fucks sake. Stop talking to him, he's bad news." he pointed at me and I nodded anxiously.

"I will, I promise." I took his hand and pleaded with him.

"Good." he let out a sigh of relief.

A while of silence between us passed, all that could be heard was the booming music and the chatter of the people around us.

"I'm sorry, Y/n." he rubbed his thumb over my palm.

"I'm really sorry, Scara." I frowned.

"It's okay, let's just join in for the countdown." he took me to the big group of people, the same group that had Xiao in.

Xiao spotted me again and saw me with Scaramouche and he raised an eyebrow at me.

I chuckled with a smile and wrapped my arms around his neck while Scara put his hands on my hips.

"TEN..."

"NINE..."

"EIGHT..."

"SEVEN..."

"SIX..."

"FIVE..."

"FOUR..."

"THREE..."

"TWO..."

"ONE..."

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

I looked at the man in front of me and smiled before placing my lips on his.

I shared my New Year's kiss with Scaramouche.

I hope this holds some form of future for us.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, SCARAMOUCHE.
———————————————————
@SCYKHS