X

CHAPTER X
————————————————————

"Y/N...LET'S GET OUT OF HERE." Scaramouche said as he stood up and took my hand.

I wiped my tears and walked out of the bathroom with him.

As we walk down the corridor to exit the house I exchange a glance with Xiao.

He stares at me with curiosity as he keeps talking to Zhongli, who doesn't notice me.

Scaramouche and I walk out of the house party and stare at the empty streets of Liyue.

This is a very rare occurrence, however, it seemed peaceful.

I walked next to Scaramouche, hand in hand while we settled in the silence.

I look up at him, finally getting a good look at him up close.

We had been talking for some time over Snapchat, but I felt like I never got to see his face properly.

He was beautiful, gorgeous even.

He wasn't as talkative in person, he was quiet but it was nice.

I felt like we were communicating through simple glances at each other.

"I'm sorry to ruin your night Scara, I didn't mean-"

"It's fine Y/n, please don't worry." he smiled at me.

"I feel better spending time with you rather than getting drunk with a bunch of people I don't know." he stopped to hug me.

He sighed and rested his head on my neck.

"I've wanted you for so long Y/n."

I felt the tears return to my eyes, the feeling of guilt taking over my body.

I never wanted to hurt him, especially by sending him a stupid photo of me and my ex in a bed together.

"You don't understand how I feel about you, I can't even explain it," he told me.

I turned to face him, my teary eyes illuminated by the lamppost nearby.

"I love you Y/n." he held my hand.

He leaned in for a kiss and I accepted it.

His lips were soft, and he didn't insist on going further from there.

He pulled away and stared at me with a smile.

"I love you too Scara." I smiled back at him.

I may not feel it yet, but I know it will come.

I know that one day, I will love him just as much as he loves me.

Even though I know I won't for a while.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" he offered.

I nodded and took his hand in mine as I wrapped my other arm around his.

The walk was quiet but peaceful.

We stopped at my apartment and he peered inside, almost hoping he could come inside.

"Can you...stay?" I muttered.

"Do you want me to stay the night?" he asked.

I nodded at him.

"I'll stay with you." he kissed my forehead and led me in.

I closed the door behind me and turned the lights on, showing him my small apartment.

He sat on my bed, staring at me with love in his eyes.

"I'm really tired haha..." I chuckled as I rubbed my eyes, further smudging my mascara.

"Why don't you take a shower and I'll wait for you here?" he offered.

I nodded and walked into the bathroom.

I came out feeling better and crawled into my bed, where he was lying half asleep.

He opened his arms and I lay in his grasp comfortably.

He is the person I need.

HE IS THE PERSON I WANT.
————————————————————
@SCYKHS

A/N: This might've been one of the most painful chapters for me to write.
Not because I crave the affection, but more crave the person I based this on.
Even though I never got to meet him in person, it still hurts to think that this could've been what we had.
I miss you.