XVI

CHAPTER XVI
————————————————————

ZHONGLI WAITED FOR ME TO WAKE UP SO HE COULD TAKE ME HOME, but he was quiet.

I gathered myself together and exited his house next to him. I had a small smile on my face, but I was still recovering from yesterday.

"What are you doing this week?" I asked him.

"I don't know," he replied monotonously.

He didn't say much to me during the trip back to my house, he just walked silently with his hands in his pockets.

I felt a bit awkward but brushed it off, thinking he was just a bit shaken after last night.

Which I don't blame him for, but he did add to the pain I experienced last night.

We approached my doorstep and I turned to face him happily.

I really want us to work out again. I think it can.

He avoided eye contact with me and still didn't open his mouth to even utter goodbye.

"Thank you for dropping me home Zhongli...we will talk soon-"

"I don't think we should be friends anymore."

Taken aback, I tried to gather the words to respond to his sudden announcement.

"What? Zhongli we aren't just friends."

"I don't have what you want, you can't keep coming back to me Y/n." he glared at me.

"Can we talk about this please?" I grabbed his hand but he pulled it away harshly.

"Do me a favour and don't come back into my life." his head hung low as he walked away.

I wanted to chase after him but my body was frozen in place.

What happened to me being the only girl in his eyes? Something he told me merely days ago.

And now? Now he's asking me to not come back into his life.

He came back into mine! He did this to me.

I slowly turned around and unlocked the door to my house with a shake in my hands.

I held back the feeling of crying while I walked through the empty living room.

I lay in my bed, eyes welling up as I let out a cry.

Everything was happening all at once, my body couldn't take it anymore.

My life for the last few months has been hell, and now everything has come to its climax.

And now I'm alone.

Nobody is here to save me anymore.
Not even Scaramouche.

I can't be saved.

I'LL NEVER BE SAVED!
————————————————————
@SCYKHS