Chapter 27: The Party

Sam

The bouncer checks our names and lets us inside.

When we get settled at a booth, Ashley runs over and basically tackles me with a hug.

"Oh my god you made it! So what do you think? When I got here the place seemed so uptight and drab so I asked to help with the decor and wah lah!"

She bounces beside me excited as I look around the place.

"It looks great ash! You did a really good job and this drink is fantastic!"

She squeals hugging me again causing me to laugh at how excited she is.

She finally gets to do something she loves and I couldn't be more proud.

"Thank you! Everyone has been giving me insane reviews and I already have 3 more events booked out for bartending and designing!"

I smile happy for my friend until I feel the grip on my arm tighten causing me to avert my attention.

Ashley sees me shift and finally notices that I'm not alone.

"Oh Paige I'm so sorry I didn't even realize you were here!"

Paige gives her a fake smile getting closer to me.

"Yeah I decided to tag along, hope that's okay?"

Ashley smiles at her and I see her eyes take notice of how close we are.

"Not at all! You're welcome to come along with sam anytime." Paige nods her head and gently kisses my neck before whispering in my ear.

"I want to dance."

I suck in some air as I feel her breath against my neck and my cheeks heat up.

"Umm okay well it was good seeing you ash but I think we're gonna go dance now!"

I quickly scoot out of the booth and help her out as well.

"Okay well enjoy the party and let me know if you need anything!" Ashley says as Paige starts to walk away.

Before i can answer, Paige is already dragging me to the dance floor.

"Don't worry we will!" She replies,pulling me along.

Once we get to a good spot,she wraps her arms around my neck and we begin to dance.

I smile down at her and chuckle. "That was A little harsh don't you think?"

She looks up at me and moves her body closer.

"I still don't like how close you two are. I was right there and she barely acknowledged me."

I smile putting my hand on her lower back. "She was just excited baby, she didn't mean any harm."

She grabs my collar and pulls me closer causing me to groan a little. "You are mine. She needs to stay off of you."

I raise an eyebrow at her and gently lifted her chin so she looks me in the eyes.

"Hey,don't you worry. I'm all yours doll. I'm not going anywhere nor am I looking at anyone else. Just you." She blushes and smiles kissing me.

I smile back and for the rest of the night we partied like we were in college again.

Afterwards, we said bye to Ashley and laughed the whole way home about how crazy it was.

When i parked, I walked around to the passenger side and picked her up bridal style to carry her inside because she was definitely too drunk to walk.

I made sure that I mainly drunk soda because I know how she gets with alcohol.

She may not like Ashley, but she can't deny the fact that she makes some pretty good drinks.

As I carried her up the stairs she kept telling me about old stories from when we were in college, as if I wasn't there.

It was funny because her voice was all high pitched and she kept kicking her feet every time she would laugh.

"Stay still silly or else I'm going to drop you!" I say as she keeps bouncing around.

She laughs holding onto me tighter. "I know you won't drop me. Ooo! remember when that guy dumped me and you went over and socked him In the nose because he was starting rumors about me? He was so scared of you after that!" I smiled as I laid her on the bed so I could take of her shoes.

"Yes love I remember. He was a real blockhead that one."

She giggles smiling at me. "Oh and then there was the time you lost to me in beer pong! You were so mad!"

I laugh sitting on the edge of the bed taking off my own shoes.

"Hey I let you win that time!" She giggles as I place a kiss on her forehead and tuck her in but before I can stand back up she wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me back down.

"Uh uh. don't leave." I smile down at her kissing her gently.

"I'm not going anywhere baby. I just have to change out of these clothes." She smiles and kisses me back before relaxing her grip.

"I love you." Her eyelids were begin to droop and I know sleep is on it's way.

I ease up out of her grasp and quickly change out of my clothes so I can join her.

I get into bed and wrap my arms around her waist from behind loving the feeling of having her up against me.

I gently kiss her shoulder before feeling my own eyelids get heavy.

"I love you too doll."