Chapter 19: She's Something Special

Taylor

I take a deep breath as I walk into the bar with flowers behind my back.

I don't know why, but I felt guilty for not coming by the bar yesterday.

I got stuck at the office because we were training some new people and they had a hard time grasping all of the information.

I look around and I don't see her at first.

Is it her day off?

Suddenly,I hear her laugh and my heart warms.

I finally spot her serving drinks to a guy on the other end of the bar and I feel a little bit of jealousy strike me.

She's wearing a black crop top and some matching black joggers with her hair up and hoops on her ears.

She looks gorgeous.

The guy is leaning in close to her as she pours his drink and I can tell that he was trying his best to flirt with her.

As I make my way over,I hear the conversation shift and it takes everything in me not to clock the guy.

"So when do you think me and you can get out of here and have a little fun baby?"

I notice her cringe as she forces a smile. "Thanks for the offer but I'm going to have to pass."

He frowns and is about to say something else when I swoop in and sit beside him.

"Hey babe, sorry I'm late. I brought you flowers."

Her eyes get big and a smile spreads across her face as she takes them from me.

"Aww thank you! They're beautiful."

I lean on my arms smiling at her as I feel the guys eyes burning into me.

"Not as beautiful as you." She blushes and I glance over at the guy who's visibly fuming next to me.

I raise an eyebrow at him and turn to face him.

"Is there a problem?"

He stands up and gets in my face but I stay seated feeling perfectly calm.

"Watch it dyke, she's mine. I was here first."

I frown and stand up towering over him a little.

"First of all, you don't own her. She's not a piece of property. Second, I suggest you watch your tone before I fix it for you."

He looks up at me and backs up a little.

I guess he didn't realize how big I was because he seems to shrink down the longer he's stuck under my stare.

"Oh to hell with it."

He storms off and I look over at Ashley who's cheeks are bright red.

I sigh and take my seat again. "Sorry about that. Are you okay?"

She nods holding her flowers close to her.

"Thank you for that. Sometimes guys get a little testy after a few drinks."

I wave it off and smile at her. "Ah it was no problem. He needs to be more respectful."

She nods and sets her flowers down in the back.

When she comes back I start to ask for my usual drink but she's already sliding it to me.

"An old fashioned, just how you like it."

I smile at her and take a sip. "Thank you. I apologize for not stopping by yesterday, I got caught up at work and couldn't make it here unfortunately."

She shrugs as she starts cleaning some glasses.

"Oh? I hardly even noticed." I raise an eyebrow as I see the corner of her lips turn up.

Oh? She's teasing me?

I feign being hurt and hold a hand to my chest.  "Wow. I thought we had a connection or something?"

She turns back to me and I feel my cheeks heat up as she leans over the bar, pouting her lips at me. "Aww, that's cute."

She gently grabs my chin and pulls me a little closer to her. "Tell you what, why don't you actually take me on one of these dates you keep talking about so we can get to know each other a little better."

I bite my lip as I look down at hers.

She's so close to me and the way she's looking at me right now is driving me crazy.

I don't trust myself to speak so I nod my head and a smirk comes onto her face.  "Good."

I gasp a little when she pulls away and a blush heats up my face.

I watch her hips sway as she walks over to another customer and have to force myself to avert my eyes.

"Lord have mercy. This is gonna be a wild ride."

She smiles back at me and I can feel my heart flip inside of my chest.

This girl is something special, I just know it.