Chapter 8, Lovers Duel

Parmaria takes them to the freshments and gives Farsarah a small porcelain plate, "It's all dry finger foods with food stakes. Should be safe for us.

"There's juice and beer for them. You can risk it if that's a bathhouse dress. There's light mineral water for us.

"We should be safe as long as they keep their wits about our dresses."

She gets a plate and the women move down the table and converse as they fill their little plates.

Urshawn gets one for Erray, "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking how overwhelming this must be for you."

Erray assures him, "I was doing fine until I saw her. You should have warned me."

Urshawn starts putting food on Erray's little plate, "So you like my Lady?"

Erray softly admits, "I didn't even know a woman could get that beautiful. And she's smart and fun."

Urshawn laughs under his breath and admits, "She's been holding out on me on the smart and fun."

Lauriah comes back in holding Night Wind's leash, "The gardener sited me for off leash. I think he's mad you let a dog in the castle."

He tucks the leash back into her harness and a waiter gives him two metal bowls as Parmaria fusses, "It is a rule. It's safer for her anyway. Loose she will frighten people. Don't forget to take the stakes out for her."

Lauriah goes to the table, "Ya know, she's his dog, right?"

Parmaria debates, "Not to her way of thinking. Her pups are his, but personally she's only with him to get to you.

"She is so loyal to you as you have even slayed the demons of her memory. She will die in your defense one night without hesitation."

Lauriah makes a pile of metal food stakes on the table as he fills a bowl with meat, "Where you get all that?"

Parmaria informs them, "Belle has been teaching me to read the shine of souls. She says, my mind is deaf, that's why I feel the wind, but can't learn from it. Probably, why I can't make my crown work either. Belle says, my mind seeing is near to theirs, but I may never hear the wind."

Urshawn shakes his head, "That makes no sense. If your mind was deaf, you couldn't hear a Seer speak."

Parmaria blinks, "But, Seers can't lie."

Farsarah offers, "Seers are not a kind incapable of falsehood. They are loyal to the souls of mankind. Yes, a Seer will lie to, cheat you and even lead you into a trap, but only if its good for your soul."

Urshawn smiles pride at her, "You seem to really understand Seers. Is it fog knowledge?"

Farsarah shakes her head, "When the wind is up and I don't stop to listen..." She flares her eyes.

Erray laughs, "The wind gets in her ears and force feeds her facts of Aden. She basicly gets mind spanked by the wind, if she doesn't come to class."

Farsarah frowns at him, "Yeah, basicly."

Lauriah leaves Night Wind with food and water under the table, to come close, "If I ever get off work, would you like to come see my apartment, Farsarah? See if you want it."

Farsarah nods, "Of course. When do you get off work?"

Parmaria giggles softly as Urshawn informs her, "When I remember to tell him... You're relieved."

Parmaria adds, "He has to be relieved after travel. It's an honor thing. He is most honored knight in the castle. No other has full access. He is not only man at arms in the common sense, he is personal guard master for all under a Were crown. It's a pain, but he's family."