Chapter 28, Lost

Breakfast is near gone when Urshawn returns with the letter.

Lauriah lets him in and Belle asks, "Farsarah, will you please, drag your man to the kitchen for a bit?"

Lauriah helps her take plates and follows her, "No cook in the kitchen, right? Just a pretty lady."

Belle's excitement rushes her to stand beside him, "What's it say?"

Urshawn shakes his head, then reads, "In the Age before, little was known of werewolves, they were not believed of, nor properly feared.

"Most who lived at the end, lived as men.

"They chiseled their man form to muscular perfection, took scar upon their flesh and never once shifted."

Belle points at Erray as he gets to his feet, "Riddle it out."

Lamica follows Erray to stand with them.

Erray shakes his head, "It's not a riddle. Best I could say is, replace werewolf and last Age with Lost Lorady and this Age."

Urshawn reads again, "In this Age, little is known of the Lost Lorady, they are not believed of nor properly feared.

"They live now as men.

"They chisel their man form to muscular perfection, take scar upon their flesh and never once shift."

Lamica smiles, "Now, That's a clue. I need to know more about Loradies. What makes them different from man?"

Belle giggles, "It's on now."

Urshawn reports, "Our hair is not dead, but a scenery provider. It messes itself when wet and moves of its own accord when we are hyper-emotional.

"We can not reproduce in-body either way.

"Sleep and eating are mostly optional. We can go hundreds of years without either, but fatigue comes on more easily from excursion.

"Few wounds can scar us for long.

"Taking our heads will not kill us. For we simply shift to a gas and regroup, like wizards. It's very difficult to kill a Lorady on Aden. One must know how Masters can be killed.

"For Loradies are pubescent Masters. All of Master talents can be seen, but need not be in a Lorady.

"We can not catch the Were sickness truly, but it disables our expression restraint as it passes through our body systems.

"Did I miss anything, Belle?"

She nods, "They can walk on any surface without foot cover and have dietary issuses with processed nuts and seeds."

Erray relist them in thought as Lamica asks, "Your list of suspects, please?"

Urshawn states, "Erray and Erterri."

Belle states, "Lauriah and Erhenry. With honorable mention for Old Chap."

Lamica's eyes calculate, "He is not a man. Our clue tells us we are looking for a muscular man with scars, who has disbelieve on him and is not properly feared."

Belle nods, "It's Lauriah, for sure."

Lamica questions, "Why are you so sure, Belle?"

Erray fusses, "I'd like to complain of being on the list."

Belle shushes him, "Because he's a strong influencer. The Lost Lorady has to be an influencer, it would be impossible not to be."

Lamica touches his plump lips, "We can ilimanate Erterri by gender.